• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancellation Fee

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere Pro for a while now, and I've never heard of this "cancellation fee". I use this program for personal use when I create videos to share on youtube, and I certaintly do not have the budget to be fishing out $115 plus dollars for a cancellation. It's ironic that this is happening though. I currently can't afford to keep the program, and now they're asking for me to pay up in order to cancel. This practice has to be illegal. The point of a cancellation is so you can stop spending your hard earned money on something that you aren't using.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

There are three types of plans:
Annual plan, prepaid - This is paid once and is an annual commitment because it is a discounted price.
Annual plan, paid monthly - This is an annual commitment because it is a discounted price.
Month-to-month plan - This can be canceled at any time without penalty, but is more expensive.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

@Igby35391467qi5t 

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

This is a total racket! I just went to see this cancellation fee after using for 3 months, and am blown away by the amount. The amount requested for this fee is predatory. I am not paying it, and have cancelled the connection with my card, and will report any cancellation fee as fraduelent. 

By @Igby35391467qi5t

The cancellation fee is half of the remaining due. Do not forget that you promised an annual subscription and you are cancelling early. Based on your promise, Adobe did invest in resou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't shoot the messenger (me).  When you use Adobe Creative Cloud products you agree to an annual commitment.  You can pay the annual fee or make monthly payments.  But, it is still a 12 month agreement and not month to month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to account... forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@George32817413088l 

when you chose the lower (per month) annual subscription you made a one year commitment (as shown when you chose that plan).  if you wanted a subscription for one, or a few months, you should have chosen the higher priced monthly subscription.

cancellation terms, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three types of plans:
Annual plan, prepaid - This is paid once and is an annual commitment because it is a discounted price.
Annual plan, paid monthly - This is an annual commitment because it is a discounted price.
Month-to-month plan - This can be canceled at any time without penalty, but is more expensive.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a total racket! I just went to see this cancellation fee after using for 3 months, and am blown away by the amount. The amount requested for this fee is predatory. I am not paying it, and have cancelled the connection with my card, and will report any cancellation fee as fraduelent. 

The market is tough, but making customers feel spiteful towards your company is not a good model for future business. I will never use this service again and I will tell anyone who listens to never use this service as well. Good job, Adobe, you have alienated paying customers to never come back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Igby35391467qi5t 

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by simply stating you are going to rip me off in the future in small print, does not make it ethically correct, just because it might be legal. I don't think you understand. It does not matter if it is legal, it is wrong. Hiding behind terms, does not change my opinion, and I am still a lost customer.

[moderator corrected the text for clarity]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction : 'does not make it ethically correct'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm hopeful that adobe will improve their subscription/trial process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at what is happening to HP and their predatory subscription model, major push-back from what were once loyal customers to lawsuit after lawsuit about their practices. Corporate greed cannot be the badge of your company if you want a future. If the ship is sinking, don't pull at loyal customer's purse strings to stay afloat. Instead look at how the service can provide what people want, not what seems finacially best in the short-term.

I would rather pay a higher fee for a monthly service that has zero cancellation fees than the predatory practices you are enforcing to make customers feel trapped into your service model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Igby35391467qi5t 

the monthly subscriptions have a higher monthly fee and no cancellation fees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Igby35391467qi5t

The cancellation fee is half of the remaining due. Do not forget that you promised an annual subscription and you are cancelling early. Based on your promise, Adobe did invest in resources that you won't pay for anymore, when cancelling early. 

The monthly subscription offsets those fees with a higher subscription price. 

You may not have read the terms and especially the cancellation terms, but it is neither fine print nor hidden out of view. A good tipp: when taking a subscription, always check how to exit under which conditions beforehand. That will spare you a lot of anger. 

(btw: we are volunteers, not Adobe, so it is not our service model. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines