Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud plans- prices & features

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

Get answers to all your questions about the plans we offer for Creative Cloud, prices, comparison between plans, and legal terms. 

Here is the link to our website for plans and pricing;

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

To know the difference between Lightroom(1TB), Photography Plan(20gb) & Photography Plan (1tb), see this: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/differences-photoshop-creative-cloud-photography.html

You might also find it useful to know the terms before purchase:

https://www.adobe.com/in/legal/subscription-terms.html

Do not hesitate to contact us for any further assistance or questions. 

Thanks 

Kanika Sehgal 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to build a professional workshop for my mechanical works, I would also need to invest in professional tools. If I’m an occasional user, less professional tools will do.

I’m not sure that at the time good old times of perpetual licenses, the 16yers old guy would have invested the 1000 to 5000 USD for buying the different creative tools. And he/she would have to invest that in one time.

Today he gets the student version (a student version of above was also available to be honest) for 20$/month for the first year. That’s a lot, but less then the 5000+ bucks that he would have needed in the good old times.

And as https://forums.adobe.com/people/John%20T%20Smith pointed out: There are the elements versions: Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements... Not quite the professionnel level, but good enough to be creative.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indyvdslot  wrote

Why is the creative cloud so expensive?

=========

Professional level software costs money.  If you're not working in the industry, you probably don't need pro level software yet.    Do a Google search for free photo editor.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encouraging words, spoken like a true elitist. Problem is when your trying to make high-quality work for charitable groups etc, I don't know about you but I'm certainly not asking group trying to help people to cough-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gemmas27208096  wrote

Problem is when your trying to make high-quality work for charitable groups etc, I don't know about you but I'm certainly not asking group trying to help people to cough-up.

I do pro bono work for charities a few times per year.  But that is more than offset by my paying clients.  So what exactly is your point? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stated my point above. If you do work for charities you should know that without another incoming being made using specifically these programs then the subscription becomes unaffordable. I didn't mind spending a few thousand every couple of years for the updated Master Collections when you got to own what you paid for, but now you paid thousands more as it's annual and the day you can't pay you can kiss your investment goodbye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made the calculations: upgrading each second release (so each 3 years) did cost more than the CC subscription, not to talk of your initial invest. I would not invest 1000s of $ for doing pro bono work, but I could imagine taking a month to month subscription for doing what has to be done. And then, I would still let me reimburse my invest and refund the money (tax deductions as a private person).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this came back, I do not know...

It certainly does not help to answer my questions stated below, or does it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to get no mails from this, you should go to the head of the thread and click "Hide new activity":

That works as long as you are not following the whole forum.

As soon as you post an answer somewhere, you are following that thread and get alerted when someone else posts.

You can, however, also choose in your settings not to be alerted by mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am new here and just learning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point is that you can spend a few years building up an income. If I can use my pell grant and student loans to outright buy the programs then by the time I have built an income I can upgrade, but if I have to keep paying and paying over that time I’m likely to never be able to build a business income. The student price is only for the first year but I’ve been a student since 2016 and I’ll continue to be a student until 2023 - if I get into a grad school the very next semester after I graduate with my BFA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe student / teacher rates are 60% off for the first year and about 40% off for the second and subsequent years -- unril you cancel or graduate.

I cannot argue that education is wildly expensive.  I know several 30 and 40 something adults who are carrying triple digit student debt into their working lives with no end in sight.  But that speaks to a much broader problem that has nothing to do with subscription vs non-subscription-based software. 

No matter what your profession,  there are many expenses associated with doing buisness.  Either you work solo and absorb those costs yourself or you take an outside position where the employer pays them for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most working creatives still can barely afford the insane 600 dollar a year price tag. Adobe is a billion dollar company that's gouging their customers for more and more money on an annual basis. Stop defending them. Especially when, assuming you're an actual working creative, you know that in most cases the software you use is non negotiable and up to the company and clients you work for/with. If I could switch from Adobe to literally anything cheaper I would, but I can't. There's no reason anyone should need to pay 600 dollars a year for widely used software like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can‘t barely afford the 52$/month you should really look for a different job. You will be much happier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a sad way to look at a creative career.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a realistic way. Look at your cost to do business. The CC subscription is a small part of that and it helps you doing business. Doing business also means to realistically judge the possibility to get paid the correct price for the work you do. Logos for 20$ will not pay. An ad for 50$ will not pay your rent. If you cannot get on an hourly or weekly or per job basis what you need to live then quit and do something less creative but more remunerative.

And just a tipp: get a teaching job and you get an educational licence for half the standard price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude..really? Did you seriously just respond with "If you cannot afford a piece of widely used software for 52$ a month, get a better job". You really should not be responding to potential customers with such things. Sounds like you are the oen needing a new job.

I can very  much afford this but the price tag is OUTRAGEOUS. I live in Germany and with the exception of utilities like power or gas, nothing I have costs so much per month. Those things i NEED to survive. These applications are sought after by people who want to be preofessionals but cannot afford the hefty price tag that is given here. That doesnt mean "they need a new job"...if it were so easy, everyone would be doing it, now wouldnt they.

Frankly, im kind of apalled at some of your responses here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

coreyp69027956  wrote

Most working creatives still can barely afford the insane 600 dollar a year price tag.

If that's true then it's time for a reality check.  When compared to AutoCad, Maya and other software that costs thousands per year for each one, you soon realize that Creative Cloud is a real bargain.

AutoCAD For Mac & Windows | CAD Software | Autodesk

Maya | Computer Animation & Modeling Software | Autodesk

$600 per year for 30 apps & services works out to about $20 each.  If you can't afford the tools of your trade, maybe you should work at something more lucrative instead of whining about Adob'e successful business model. 

Personally & professionally, I'm glad  Adobe remains profitable.   Because without profits, there's no money for  new product research and development .  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You think they’re putting money into product research & development? You’re kidding, right? The subscription model is known to benefit companies in multiple ways, one of which is aggregating data from our PAID use and feedback post beta-level (low quality) updates. They save on research & development, because they just roll out a less-than-ready update and wait for the data to pour in (via the frustrated feedback of users who have lost money and angered clients due to a bug in the new version). And there are many scenarios in which professionals rely on the software but can’t afford it. I agree that your view is narrow and elitist if you can’t consider these things. I also think you imply that there is a good reason to charge this much when you know top executives are rolling in excessive amounts of cash. Look up ‘renter’s economy’ and consider if this is something you want.

I am a professional designer with a full-time, low-paying job, like many designers. I also done some freelance on evenings and weekends as an attempt to offset the low income. I pay $75 CAD for this. Some months I have more migraines than others and fewer clients than others. $75 is steep for a professional like me. They could easily charge $30USD/month for the whole suite and still get theor giant paychecks and R&D our of it. Not to mention thrir outsourced, India-based staff.

Please think about what you’re doing when you choose to be an apologist for greedy corporations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New products don't grow on trees. Until you'rve been active in pre-release, you don't really know much about it do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please..by all means...explain it to us and tell us why the price tag NEEDS to be so high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soo...person who wants to get better at said trade..cant do it becuase it costs too much, and your response is "learn a different trade"....nice. good luck 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that creative work has become quite a precarious occupation (like many other occupations). I know because I’ve been working as a professional designer for almost 30 years and I’ve seen the development. Over the past 10 years, I’ve had to work part time due to health issues and it’s become increasingly more difficult to sustain a living.

Telling people to “work at something more lucrative” is arrogant and doesn’t deal with the problem.

As a designer, Adobe is the primary tool and we can’t negotiate the pricing the same way our clients are negotiating our fees. I agree that Adobe products are too expensive, unless you’re a healthy, succesful, full-time designer. A lot of us are struggling -it doesn’t mean that we’re not great or professional at what we do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a free lance designer if I want to use Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop, these 3 applications with Adobe Cloud would cost 748$ each per month ! 2,244$ per month ?!!!

This is way too expensive! it is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't buy 3 single apps.  Buy the All Apps plan.  It's cheaper that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines