Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop prices in Croatia

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I'm a professional photographer based in Croatia, European Union. I would like to know why we in Croatia pay a yearly subscription for Photoshop only 459€?! (557USD/per year). Why is the price so high and only for one application. Adobe users from the neighboring country pay 12,09€/per month, which is 145,08€ per year (175,92 USD per year), for two applications: Photoshop and Lightroom? 

I can't get any answer from official distributors.

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2021 costs approx USD $100, no subscription needed.
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

The Creative Cloud Photography Plan is a deeply discounted bundle of software and services for USD $10/month (12 month contract):
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud Single App plans cost more, no matter where you live.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is not with Adobe products, which are reasonably priced due to the quality they provide to a potential user. My issue is how Adobe EU can not put under control prices from their distributors/resellers. The companies who sell the software call themselves "Gold Resselers" - what is that? Is that an official title?

Croatia is part of Eastern Europe. But on the official website: https://www.adobe.com/eastern-europe/ there is no Croatia. So do we have and an official representative from Adobe or not?

The difference between The Creative Cloud Photography Plan and Creative Cloud Single App is enormous in Croatia.

Examples: Adobe Creative Cloud All APPS - 1074,78 USD/per year

Does Lightroom cost the same as Photoshop per year?! It is ridiculous prices. 

There are many of us creative people who would like to enjoy Adobe products for realistic prices. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, not Adobe.  International pricing is complicated and based on many factors over which fellow product users in this forum have no control.  Sorry.

Adobe certified resellers are approved to sell Adobe products in regions where Adobe can't.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, 

Croatia is the only country in the EU where Adobe has those limitations. Please, take a look: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/products/creativecloud/cc/pdfs/cc-availability-matrix.pdf

What makes Croatia so special, that we have to use such a bad condition? It's also a big problem for education because schools should buy the most expensive versions of the software. 

Best, 

Martina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't know, and there's nothing we can do about it. As far as I know, Adobe has no control over the prices charged by the resellers, and most of us here are users, just like you. We are not provided with information on Adobe's pricing policies.

Sorry the news isn't better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

During upload the text something was erased. The part where I want to thank you Nancy for your kind and informative answer. Also, I don't have problem with Adobe prices but with so called "gold ressellers" in Croatia. Thank you once again, you are very kind.

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Photoshop ONLY is around $20.99 US a month for a yearly plan and 31.49 US a month for the Month By Month plan and the Photography plan is only $9.99 a month for both LrC, LrM for Android and iSO devices and Photoshop.

So if you bought Photoshop Only then you are actually paying more than you would have if you bought the Photography plan and only install Photoshop.

2020-12-14 13_08_20-Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans _ Adobe Creative Cloud.png

2020-12-14 13_08_53-Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans _ Adobe Creative Cloud.png

Those are USA prices and I have no idea what they cost where you are but they are probably higher for one reason or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denis,
I don't know if you've checked recently, apparently things have changed - people from Croatia can now purchase directly through Adobe online store. We don't need resellers anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello darijal,

according to Adobe, officialy on their "latest FAQlist of countries where Creative Cloud is available it says in Croatia it isn't available but it also said that list is from 2016/2017.

I will try and check if we are able to purchase subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT:
I have just checked with Adobe support and they informed me that subscription isn't available in Croatia (checked from internal sources). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wartigger,

I also contacted Adobe through their live chat and they confirmed I can purchase the plan online:

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 09.07.50.png

I went through Belgium website as that's what I got when I googled Creative Cloud Europe prices:
https://www.adobe.com/be_en/creativecloud/plans.html

Then I chose to purchase CC and it got me to payment site that was by default set to Belgium:
Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 09.06.59.png

I changed the country to Croatia and it automatically updated VAT and Plan price:
Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 09.03.51.png

Just to make sure it works I changed the country to one outside of EU, so I typed in Bosnia and Herzegovina and I got this message:

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 09.04.09.png

I didn't go through with the purchase yet, as I still have active subscription plan that I got last year through reseller in Croatia. But, as soon as that subscription is over, I will buy the plan online.

I hope this was helpful 🙂
Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you darijal21400849 for reply, I have checked it now as well and it truly does appear that it have a subscription available. Support agent did not have correct information it seems, considering that I've been told the information is from internal source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines