• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

setting up 2-factor authentication

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change my 2-factor authentication to using ADOBE's authenticator app ... I downloaded the app ... the only option I'm presented with after launching the app is to "scan code" ... which code? where do I get a QR code?

Thank you, Stephan

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

By pop-up, you mean this one, right?

set_up_an_authenticatorapp

Have you clicked on Next after downloading the app?

If you have signed in to your Adobe account from a computer, you will get this window with a QR code:
qr_code

If you have signed in to your Adobe account from your mobile phone, you will get this instead:
magic_wand

(This may be a shot in the dark, but... if you use any script-blocking plug-ins in your browser, try deactivating it or set an exclude exeption for adobe.com)

Kind Regards, Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the following Help entry below - it will explain everything:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what I did - I read the article you refer to before posting. I click "set-up” which brings up a pop-up to download the “adobe Account Access app” sometimes all referred to as the “Adobe Authenticator” launching the app on my phone gives me one lonely option “scan code” which brings me back to my post: Which code? Where do I get the code?

Thank you, Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what I did - I read the article you refer to before posting. I click "set-up” which brings up a pop-up to download the “adobe Account Access app” sometimes all referred to as the “Adobe Authenticator” launching the app on my phone gives me one lonely option “scan code” which brings me back to my post: Which code? Where do I get the code?

Thank you, Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By pop-up, you mean this one, right?

set_up_an_authenticatorapp

Have you clicked on Next after downloading the app?

If you have signed in to your Adobe account from a computer, you will get this window with a QR code:
qr_code

If you have signed in to your Adobe account from your mobile phone, you will get this instead:
magic_wand

(This may be a shot in the dark, but... if you use any script-blocking plug-ins in your browser, try deactivating it or set an exclude exeption for adobe.com)

Kind Regards, Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving it another shot ... yes, that's the pop-up window I get, except in your screenshot it says "cancel" & "next" for me it only says "OK" which closes the window ... I'm signed in on my mac ... I turned off content blocker for acount.adobe.com to no avail ... I'm going to log out / in and turn off 2-factor on / off next

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I turned off 2-factor and logged out. when I logged back in and set up 2-factor using the "Authenticator app" (not "Adobe Account Access app") I got the "next" button and the QR after ... it looks like I'm all set.

Thank you for the directions. Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephan, glad to hear that you got it figured out! Sorry if I wasn't of a big help...
Should you face additional issues, please do not hesitate to write again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please disable2-factor authentication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines