Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to determine how CC licenses work

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am seeking clarification on how CC licenses function. I know that each CC app comes with two licenses. I have many computers. If I were to buy the full individual CC license, would ALL of the applications therein be limited to the same two computers, or would the two-license system apply on the basis of each individual app?

For example, let's say I have computers A, B, C, and D. Would I be able to install Photoshop on computers A and B and Premiere Pro on computers C and D, or would all apps tbe limited to the same two computers?

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

you can install the cc apps on an unlimited number of computers.  the only limitations are that only you can use the apps (if you have an individual subscription) and you can only sign in (and therefore open cc apps) on,at most, 2 computers at any one moment.

because you can sign out of any computer from any other, this process could not be easier (for internet connected computers).

and yes, on any of your computers you can install none,some, or all the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Your individual license lets you install your Adobe app on more than one computer, sign in (activate) on two, but use it on only one computer at a time.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

One subscription = 1 license for 1 user only.

If you need additional licenses for multiple users, look at Adobe Teams/Enterprise plans for businesses.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can install the cc apps on an unlimited number of computers.  the only limitations are that only you can use the apps (if you have an individual subscription) and you can only sign in (and therefore open cc apps) on,at most, 2 computers at any one moment.

because you can sign out of any computer from any other, this process could not be easier (for internet connected computers).

and yes, on any of your computers you can install none,some, or all the apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your prompt answer. So I have it straight, there's no limit to the number of installs but rather simply to the number of computers that can be logged into the CC subscription at any given time? So if I have four computers, then only two can be logged into CC at any one time and access those apps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct and correct.

any 2 your 4 can be signed in at any one moment. 

but signing in allows you to start adobe apps.  once an adobe app is started, you can minimize it, sign out and continue to use it (for some period of time until it demands a sign in).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your individual license lets you install your Adobe app on more than one computer, sign in (activate) on two, but use it on only one computer at a time.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One subscription = 1 license for 1 user only.

If you need additional licenses for multiple users, look at Adobe Teams/Enterprise plans for businesses.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case it isn't clear: you sign into CC as a whole, and the license says use one at a time. So if you wanted to use Photoshop on one computer, InDesign on a second, and Premiere Pro on a third, you would need multiple licenses. But DO NOT buy multiple licenses with the same Adobe ID, that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name, "

So if you wanted to use Photoshop on one computer, InDesign on a second, and Premiere Pro on a third, you would need multiple licenses" 

is incorrect (unless the op wants to us all three computers at one instant).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant, if the original poster wanted to use those three apps AT THE SAME TIME. Sorry I wasn't clear, got tangled up in the words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not even physically possible to use more than one computer at one time.  at least, i've never triggered a problem using two computers within less than 1 second of each other.  

and it's misleading to say there's a limit to cc install and usage for internet connected computers.   even if you had one desk with 5 computers, you could use cc on all 5 at that same time. 

just open the programs you want to use on the first two, go to the third and sign in (by signing out of one of the first two), open the programs you want to use etc.

once a program is open you can use it (for a while) when signed out.  i'm not sure how many days/weeks before adobe demands a license check but because you're supposed to be able to use the cc apps in offline mode for 30 days (with a monthly paid license) and 100 days (for an annual pay license), i would expect using those 5 computers and their cc apps at the same desk to be practical, as well as possible.

and once programs are open, you don't even need to add the proviso "internet connected computer".  that's only needed to open programs.  thereafter, it's not needed (for the times cited above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it's not even physically possible to use more than one computer at one time. "

I think that depends what you're doing. I'm often using software on many computers at a time.

A classic case with CC apps is Premiere Pro. It can easily take an hour for a video to render. Meanwhile, I might want to be working on designs on a computer which isn't going flat out on rendering. I'd rather keep Illustrator open on the promo design rather than close and open it as I come to use the computer. And what about the PDF I'm reading of a user manual, on the computer alongside, with Acrobat Pro... "using" the app doesn't mean you are actively typing into it or dragging the mouse, but that the app has started and not yet quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name.  thank you.

you're correct and i'm corrected:  you can use more than one computer at one instant.  (but it would be simpler to explain by saying you have a number of computers each busy rendering a video.)

and that should work fine with an unlimited number of computers and cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TY for Help  have we answered your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe so. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines