• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to remove profile image from Adobe ID

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to completely remove the current profile photo, not just change it?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Ah, that's what you meant!

The avatar that appears in the signed-in programs is synced with your Adobe Account. Once you've uploaded an image, it doesn't seem to be removable.

Since you can't remove it, create a square with your initials in it in something like Paint or Visio or Snagit (or Photoshop or Illustrator or ...), then save it to a small PNG file and upload it to your Adobe Account as a new profile picture.

1. Go to https://account.adobe.com/profile
  2. Click Change.
  3. Click Upload Image

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i assume you want to delete your adobe id.  if so, go to https://www.adobe.com/privacy.html, click contact us and request your adobe id be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just remove my profile photo to default/ no photo state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if what you want to know is how to remove that red ball/avatar next to your name so that there's no graphic image there, the answer is No.

You will have an avatar there that is assigned by Adobe or you will have an avatar that consists of a picture you upload. This is part of the board software.

Edited to add: I am moving this thread to the Using the Community forum, since it concerns how to use the forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, so there is no way to return to the default state of the avatar assigned by Adobe (Initial letter of the username)? The point is that I don't want to have an image, there is no way to remove it, is what you saying, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daniel Cuevas,

Sorry about all the confusion.  In fact, Adobe has nothing to do with forum avatars.  The forum system software is leased from a 3rd party.  And the Khoros system automatically gives each forum user a system avatar.  So having no avatar is not an option, sorry.

I hope that clarifies matters.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification, my question is about the profile photo of my general Adobe Account, not about the avatar of the Adobe Support Community Profile, the only thing I would like to do is remove my current image, not change it for another, apparently there is no one option to remove photo 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it different from your Adobe forum avatar?

Do you have a Behance page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is different from my Adobe forum avatar and I have a Behance profile too.

*I attached a screenshot at the beginning of the thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change it to whatever you want including an alpha = 0 image or the default image (download someone's default image and use it for yours, if that's what you want)..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Your forum avatar can be different from your Adobe Profile Image (https://account.adobe.com/profile). 

I have never tried this myself but try uploading a no-pixel, transparent PNG image and see if the system accepts it as your profile image.  I've attached one below.  Let us know if it works.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we are turning something simple into something more complex than it actually is, kglad and Nancy thanks for the suggested solution of placing an image with alpha = 0 (no- pixel) but this only goes back to the cycle of the problem, there is still an image with transparency that gives the impression that there is no image right, apparently there is no way to remove it completely.

The main reason for all this is the following: I'm a Adobe Xd user and I use co-editing feature with other users, the latest update includes live cursors that show the avatar of each user moving through space, sometimes it can be difficult to identify the avatar of a specific person so it is easier to see the initial of their name (apparently this is only possible if the user does not have a profile image in their Adobe account, it is the default state before placing a profile picture); with that said, hope I have clarified my question, is there a way to go back to the default state to be able to have my username initial again without having a photo?

I attach an Xd image with a user who does not have a profile picture but an avatar of his initials.

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that's what you meant!

The avatar that appears in the signed-in programs is synced with your Adobe Account. Once you've uploaded an image, it doesn't seem to be removable.

Since you can't remove it, create a square with your initials in it in something like Paint or Visio or Snagit (or Photoshop or Illustrator or ...), then save it to a small PNG file and upload it to your Adobe Account as a new profile picture.

1. Go to https://account.adobe.com/profile
  2. Click Change.
  3. Click Upload Image
  4. Upload your little square with your initials
  5. Click Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so the answer is that the image is not removable, thanks, the option you suggest is more work but at the end it works.

It is important to see if in the future Adobe adds this option to remove profile picture, I think it is a must in profile settings and the vast majority of products have this feature. 

Thanks to everyone who answered this thread or suggested a solution, I appreciate it.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is pretty odd and hard for new users. Expression is at the forefront "adobe" to not be able to edit simple things becomes mundane and idiotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Luminal 

do you have a problem changing your avatar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no I am okay thank you! I was just showing users how to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines