Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When can I cancel my plan without fees?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I would like to cancel my plan as soon as possible because I don't use Adobe products that often anymore so it became unnecessary at this point to continue paying. I got charged today and I wanted to cancel a day before but it said fee for "early" cancelation would be around 130 euros if I recall correctly. I was hoping I could then cancel today but I am apparently canceling too early again so the fee would be a bit less than 110 euros. Could someone help me with this and tell me when will be the right time to request a refund for the payment and when can I cancel without paying fees. I am hoping to canceling as soon as possible and it would be nice to have my money back. I am from Croatia and I use Creative Cloud All Apps with 100GB plan with students discount so I get charged 20,31€ a month and I've been subscribed since Feb 10, 2022.

Kind regards.

TOPICS
Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

I managed to get myself out of the situation (kind of) and switch plans. They said I will be given a refund of 20.31€ within the 5 business days and then I will cancel the new plan within 14 days this time. I paid extra but I am hoping to get refunded twice in a row then, or hopefully at least once.

Hopefully I made the right decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

First of all I would like to apologize to the future and current users of Adobe's products because I managed to bypass fees and get myself out of the situation perfectly and because of this Adobe will most likely find a way to resolve this method soon. Yes, my first refund arrived today and another one will arrive soon (within 5 business days). Not only will I get a refund twice, but the exchange rate for euro went up for 30 cents so I'll get a bit more than I orignally payed for. Honestly I've

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had 14 days from the start to cancel with no fee, now you pay one half of the remaining time if you cancel before the end of your year

READ THIS https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html#cancel
-do be aware that cancelling early means paying 1/2 of the remaining subscription time as a fee
--this is cancelling AFTER the trial converts to paid and BEFORE the end of the subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, guess it's my own fault. I didn't read carefully and I thought I was getting a month-to-month plan instead of annual but I got stuck with the annual plan so I forgot I had to cancel within 14 days after the purchase.

Is it still possible to get a refund? They can force deactivation of my account if necessary because I will be transfering my money to another card so I won't continue paying after April 10 anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An education subscription is ONLY available for a year at a time... with a monthly payment or one annual payment

At this point, since you clicked to agree to the terms when you bought, I don't think anyone can help

This space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get myself out of the situation (kind of) and switch plans. They said I will be given a refund of 20.31€ within the 5 business days and then I will cancel the new plan within 14 days this time. I paid extra but I am hoping to get refunded twice in a row then, or hopefully at least once.

Hopefully I made the right decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Darnaa, thanks for the update.

So what did you do, switch to a lower-cost plan like Photography?

Is that what Adobe Customer Care suggested for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it on my own because I just wanted to get myself out of this situation and I didn't want my card declined or go in debt cuz of fees or something. Didn't switch to anything cheaper, my new plan is in fact 5 euros more expensive. I just want my money back that's all. I paid for one month but 2 weeks later I wasn't using Adobe products anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the clarification.

So, you were able to change your subscription online to a new/different plan, without any fees – is that right?

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/change-plan.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean yeah. I went to cancel my previous plan, saw that I would need to pay over 100€ fee, managed to switch plans by paying another 25€ after they charged me 20.31€ for the previous plan, it said I will be refunded 20.31€ from 5-7 business days and then my idea was to cancel the new plan within 14 days so I can continue living without stressing that Adobe will charge me for something I don't even use. Legally I should be refunded if I cancel within 14 days as well. That's about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. From the 25€ price, it sounds like you switched to a single-app plan instead, and Adobe refunded your payment for the second month of your original plan.

Could we ask a favor – could you follow up here and let us know how it goes? Namely, if you are able to cancel the changed plan and receive that refund as well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I would like to apologize to the future and current users of Adobe's products because I managed to bypass fees and get myself out of the situation perfectly and because of this Adobe will most likely find a way to resolve this method soon. Yes, my first refund arrived today and another one will arrive soon (within 5 business days). Not only will I get a refund twice, but the exchange rate for euro went up for 30 cents so I'll get a bit more than I orignally payed for. Honestly I've never been happier. As @ProDesignTools mentioned, I was veeeery lucky to get the All Apps plan and later switch to a single Photoshop plan which probably saved me the trouble and which is why I managed to bypass fees and get a refund (twice). To the Adobe users: I feel ya if you couldn't get yourself out of the situation like I did, wish you good luck everyone :). The business practice of this company is truly something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update. In the future, keep in mind that Adobe offers Monthly plans as well as Annual... There are pros and cons to each, but the month-to-month subscriptions can definitely be cost effective for shorter terms, temporary projects, or on-and-off access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines