• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro and Windows 11: Internal error after any dropdown menu item

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new machine with Intel i7 & 16GB RAM, running Windows 11 (64-bit) and Adobe Pro (64-bit).

Acrobat will open a pdf and display the pages normally but then I experience two major issues:

1. When I click on any dropdown (File/Edit/View etc.) the system hangs for a moment and then I get multiple popup windows stating "An internal error occurred." After clearing the popup I cannot choose anything in the dropdown menu which remains frozen on my screen.

2. When I go to the Tools tab none of the icons for tools appears. The description appears when I hover over the locations. It does let me choose a tool but then the main pages do not show all the options and information in the ribbon or the sidebar.

I have a machine that is several years old with i7, 16GB RAM, 64-bit OS, and 32-bit Adobe Pro that works perfectly.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

I uninstalled, then reinstalled from creative cloud desktop. It still didnt work. I was getting "internal error" about ten times before I could close it. 

Went to the properties of the actual file that launches it and did the compatability trouble shooter. It said to run as Windows 8. I think 8 was already checked but I said ok and tested it. So far works ok. No internal error. No tour pop ups on every document I open. No docs opening at 175%. Guess im good 'til the next MS or Adober update!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ed274499354v11 

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble.

The issue 'Internal error occurred' is already been reported to our engineering team and being worked upon. The fix will be available in the future updates.

Coming to the second issue, Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20282 (Win) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. If the "Internal error occurred" has already been reported, then when will it be fixed? This error alone makes your product unusable.

I am using version 2022.003.20282. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product, checked for updates, and rebooted several times. I have seen this suggestion as a solution for other issues. This is the equivalent of Comcast asking me to unplug my router, wait one minute, and plug it back in.

I will not move folders or create a new user test profile. I pay $$ for a full enterprise account and I expect your product to work as promised. I will not act as IT to fix a brand new computer with a newly downloaded program.

I need to work with and modify pdf documents and drawings every day and I currently cannot do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to add that my older machine that runs Adobe Pro as expected is running Windows 10.

The Adobe Support Community is full of issues re: Adobe not working with Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ed274499354v11 

We do not have a fixed time line for the issue 'Internal error occurred', it is reported to the development team and is being worked upon.

We will share the update as soon as we get any information from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, you have effectively shut my business down and so "we do not have a fixed time line" rings a bit hollow. OTHER USERS: DO NOT upgrade to Windows 11 - that does nothing - this is purlely an Adobe f&*k up. Start looking for other PDF programs I guess is my timeline for today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a "fix"....download the free version - appoarenmtly Adobe wont work if I pay for it on a subscription. Of course I can't edit anything but at least I can open a PDF.  Looking for other software to do my editing before I cancel Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find a fix yesterday but for some reason I could not comment on my own post. I thought that maybe I was locked out.

The real issue is 64-bit Acrobat Pro and Windows 11. This is the default version that Adobe tries to install for everyone. It's crap and they don't know how to fix it. There are complaints about this going back to March 2022.

Back to the fix:

Fully delete all Adobe programs on your machine. I also used CCleaner to clear out cache files and registry remnants.Then download the 32-bit version of Acrobat Pro. It's fully functional on my Windows 11 machine. It may not last long but at least it's working for now.

I have NOT downloaded any other apps available with my Adobe Enterprise account because I don't want to screw this up. 

This is the page for 32-bit installer:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! The 32 bit version seems to be working normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LAST POST - I stumbled into a fix that worked for me. I deleted the paid vesion of Adobe DC, downloaded the FREE version of Adobe Reader and then after I started using the free version, it kept trying to get me to upgrade because I was signd in and it knew I had a paid version. Against my better judgment, I did upgrade. UPGRADING from the free version seems to have fixed this as I nw have full functionality. Thank you Adobe for, once again, leaving me to find my own fix (now I have to deal with this unwanted Windows 11 "upgrade")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been months and users are still encountering the same issue. What's the estimated time for a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same two major issues and they just started happening today (3/30/23) after Acrobat Pro (64-bit) has worked fine for the last 6 months on a new computer with Windows 11. I first noticed an issue two days ago (3/28/23) when I would get an error saying PDF files could not be printed. I had to open the files using Microsoft Edge just to print but otherwise, everything else was working. Today, nothing is working. I uninstalled/re-installed Acrobat Pro and have the same two major issues you listed assuming I can even get Acrobat to open at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up installing 32-bit and it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled, then reinstalled from creative cloud desktop. It still didnt work. I was getting "internal error" about ten times before I could close it. 

Went to the properties of the actual file that launches it and did the compatability trouble shooter. It said to run as Windows 8. I think 8 was already checked but I said ok and tested it. So far works ok. No internal error. No tour pop ups on every document I open. No docs opening at 175%. Guess im good 'til the next MS or Adober update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still didnt work next day after reboot. Same problems repeated. 

Installed 32 bit version from this link from a Creamer Training post: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html 

Rebooted so creative cloud could recognize. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines