• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe acrobat crashes when navigating from one PDF file to another

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a set of 30 guides as a part of documentation set. It is designed in such a way that the landing page has categories and the guides are placed under them. I have used "forms" feature to navigate from landing page to guides and back.

Since past few days (30 days or so) while navigating from landing page to other guides and back, Adobe Acrobat crashes frequently without any warning. The issue is observed even if the antivirus is disabled. 

I am using updated Adobe Acrobat (22.003.20282) on a windows 10 machine. 

I tried repairing the Adobe Acrobat installation but the issue still exists.

Can someone help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mukund Khedkar 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

Also, try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for the reply.

This issue is occuring wherever we are using the forms functionality for navigating from one pdf to another and back. The files are locally stored. 

I tried repairing the installation with the procedure you shared but the problem still persists.

Can you please connect me with your support team so I can demonstrate the issue and take it forward frome there?

Please treat this as urgent requirement as these PDFs are shared with our customers as a part of documentation installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mukund Khedkar 

I have shared more details with you in private message, please check

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines