• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF / Scroll bars still missing

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've looked at all the posts and their answers. It's very frustrating. I've done all the suggestions. Still no scrollbar. If I adjust the page size manually -- pull it in or out -- the bars appear for a few seconds then disappear. I can't grab them.

I cannot scroll up/down or side to side. Mac Ventura. Acrobat Pro version 2023.006.20320

Any other ideas or will there be an update to fix?

TOPICS
How to , PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Finaly fixed in the latest February update!

There is a new Preference under Page Display: Always show Scroll bars!

And also set the preference to Enable scrolling under Page Display, Page Layout, and the we are finally(!) good to go!

IMG_3454.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024
Community Expert , Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Afb1.pngafb2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 403 Replies 403
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

Can you help here, please? I would echo the frustrations of other users coping with no scrollbars when trying to work with the program.
OK, I have just read an article that explained about the Preferences / Page Display / Always show scroll bars option. Once I'd ticked that, hooray, the scrollbar is back in Adobe on my main Mac (running Monterey).
However, despite just updating Adobe on my Macbook Pro, the "Always show scroll bars option" just ISN'T there. I'm running Catalina 10.15.17. So ... basically, I can no longer mark proofs on the Macbook – the loss of a scrollbar makes it totally useless.

Something else that has drastically affected functionality is that now if I send myself a document in which I've already ticked some comments, Adobe no longer shows me the ticked comments. Who thought that was a good idea?!!! I've read that there's a way of preserving them, but why this change? These are MY documents within MY own devices with comments that I've ticked because I've looked at them ... why on earth should Adobe change anything about them when I choose to send them to another device?! Unbelievable! And completely unusable. I can't start a job on one device and complete it on another until one day I've rummaged around about how to do this AND worked out whether it's efficient to do what's suggested about the "status" of each comment or something ... 
I've offered to be involved in research. Do you ask professional editors and designers about things ...?! This thread would suggest not. The comment about above a car without wheels is so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o true!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble and the experience you had.

This issue is already reported to our engineering team and they are actively working on it. The fix will be available in the future updates.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?

I'm on version 2024.002.20857 now and nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It is still work in progress. We will keep you updated as soon as we get any information.

Thanks for your understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines