• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move the quick actions toolbar in Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20281 on a Mac OS 12.5. In past versions I could dock the Quick Actions Toolbar to the top of the window, but in this version of Acrobat, it hovers in the upper left, sometimes covering art that I need to see when zooming in. Is there a way to dock it so it isn't hovering, or at least temporarily hide it? The attached image shows how it is "floating" above the window. I need it to not float so it doesn't cover my PDF workspace. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 3.34.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well. 

We appreciate your valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve Acrobat, and we appreciate the time and effort you have taken to share your thoughts with us.

We acknowledge that the new Acrobat represents a notable change; however, we hope that as you get familiar with the new interface, you can be more productive and get more out of Acrobat.

We are actively working on all the currently unavailable features, such as moving, hiding, or re-s

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 201 Replies 201
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would make more sense to dock the quick action toolbar in the pages/navigation sidebar on the right side.

I've removed as many quick tools as possible to reduce the size of the quick action toolbar, but 6 tools have been selected as default and can't be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I'm looking at an agenda and double checking times. The toolbar blocks the first time listed so I have no idea if the time listed is corrected. Adobe, this is a major issue, please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!! DISABLE THE NEW ACROBAT!    R&D failed miserably on this one.  There is nothing to like about the new acrobat.  I disabled it and all is good again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am withdrawing my subscription from Adobe PRO and moving to Foxit. It is incredibly annoying that they cannot fix this simple thing in months. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, it would be great to be able to move/remove/add tools in Adobe. Being able to remove the Quick Actions is a start, but I also think it'd be better if users could place tools on the top toolbar like in previous editions (and in almost every other MS Office product). Users would likely feel more comfortbale using your product if they could arrange their editing workspace in a way that suits them - not being forced to view things the way Adobe demands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!!! The change is very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under View>Disable New Acrobat.

Things go back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my hero. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Now I'll go back to using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spectacular, back to normal.  Cant believe it was that easy to fix. Youre a champ, thanks.

PS mine wasnt thru view and instead just in the list of items under the 3 bars button (after view ..).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for helping me get rid of that annoying floating tool bar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was under the three bars. So ridiculous and a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG that worked!!!  Thank you!  I just spent two hours on chat with adobe and they couldn't tell me this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I could get used to the tool being on the left instead of the right, but having that floating toolbar covering my document when I zoom in is just plain stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but new here.  Where is view?  I don't see it on my screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind!   I found it thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the solution. Long term though, can we never enjoy the new UI design because of this toolbar? I would rather not be stuck in the old UI forever. A great temporary solution but is this going to get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have 'Disable New Acrobat' under View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option under View - can you share a screenshot of where it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an account just to thank you for this answer, Scott. Everyone feels the need to ruin a perfectly good thing to justify their continued employment or fees

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! The "New Acrobat" is terrible. That floating quick actions bar is the worst. Blocking me from checking measurements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I appreciate your advice and it worked.  I prefer the old version.  They should update the apps with new features, but leave the view alone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines