• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening and Closing Files is incredibly slow with Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the sudden it is incredibly slow to open and close files, even small ones.  This suddenly began a few hours ago and is still going.  Anytime I open or close it takes about 30 seconds.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Briand

We are sorry for the trouble. As described,  it is incredibly slow to open and close files

Is this an issue with a particular PDf file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different pdf file and check.

What is the version of the application you are using? To check the version please go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC.
Make sure you have the latest version. Go to Help > Check for updates

Also, you may try the following preference settings and see if that help:

• Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > General > Uncheck, 'Show online storage when opening file' > Click OK 
  • Go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC (Mac) > Enhanced security > Turn off the protected mode and uncheck ''enhanced security' > Click OK
    Note: Please turn on the security after testing

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem.

Whenever I open or close any file, it takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute to respond.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20043

I tested the above options and the issue remains unresolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue since we installed Acrobat Pro DC 2020.012.20048.  It can take up to 20 minutes before the file opens.  Restarting the computer fixes the issue temporarily.  Looks like a memory leak because it only happens if you open multiple files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have a similar problem and have found a solution. If I leave one pdf file open I can open and close many pdf instantly. Hope this helps you.

Zeno

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Tried the solutions below, plus quit application and restarted. Same issues. Takes much longer to close a pdf file...clock spins whereas before it was immediate. Opening is quick but not the other way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @clambiase 

We are sorry to hear that. Please make sure you have the recent version 22.2.20191 installed. Go to Help > check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to repair the Acrobat installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved?  I've got three computers now that won't handle pdfs.  Takes minutes to open and close a file.  The first started off fast then gradually slowed to a stop, then the second, then the third.

Maybe the files are a problem - but when Adobe grinds down, it won't work with any file - as if something in the software is holding it up.  Maybe some scanner looking at each file as it opens/closes?  Maybe some Adobe string looking for the internet or cloud?  I don't know.

The versions on two of the machines are Adobe Pro Version 2017.012.30262. The third one is Adobe Pro X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still facing this error? Kindly advise for guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There ,

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

For testing purposes, turn off the protected mode. Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acorbat (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' . Click OK and reboot the application.

Note: Plese turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines