• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Get New Comments on Shared Review with SharePoint Online

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When checking for new comments on a PDF that I was successfully able to upload to SharePoint Online, I receive the error message, "Could not get new comments. Adobe Acrobat did not get a response from the server. Try again later or contact your system administrator." I am able to successfully ping the server (13.107.136.9). I am also unable to see new comments for all other previously uploaded PDFs that were uploaded to SharePoint Online. Other users in my company are able to access and comment on the PDFs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Thank you Arvind. This fix is confirmed working with Acrobat DC. However I tried the same with Acrobat 11 and it doesn't work (HKCU:\Software\Adobe\Adobe Synchronizer\11.0).I  Is their another path to a reg fix for that? Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (can't access 13.107.136.9).

Dropped that address into a browser and got ...

<h2>Our services aren't available right now</h2><p>We're working to restore all services as soon as possible. Please check back soon.</p>Ref A: EF97D03194D445D79977C4C957C0B943 Ref B: BL2EDGE0122 Ref C: 2018-10-09T17:03:41Z

So... hopefully it'll get better 'as soon as possible'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same thing, I'm guessing it should be a host-name in there and not the IP address that we are seeing.

Strangely, they're able to post comments successfully, but not see any other comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused. From how long you are you experiencing this problem? Is it with the latest update of Acrobat?

Please share the exact version of Acrobat you are working on. Open Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat DC  Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Acrobat Desktop refreshes the comments automatically after few seconds (~15-30 or less) if review document is opened.

And the manual refresh- Acrobat Desktop will sync the comments on switching to Home View or document in another tab or context board (where all the reviewers are listed) and then back to review document.

You may also download Acrobat DC updates from here:  Adobe software and product updates

Let us know If none these are solving this issue. We will look into this further and escalate it to the concern team.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reviewer I work with is also experiencing this issue for about a week (give or take a few days). He is using version 2019.008.20074.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Akanchha

I hadn't noticed rob's last sentence.

I just tried to publish a comment on one of the shared reviews that I had initiated earlier. And yep... it appears to publish.
However, I *still* can't receive new comments ("Could not get new comments. Adobe Acrobat did not get a response from the server...").

Has the 'concern team' been able to replicate the issue, or find out anything about what's going on?

This is causing a major amount of grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jaggedpeak,

We are very sorry for taking so long to provide the resolution to this problem. This issue has been escalated further and the concerned team will be looking into it.

As soon as we will get an update on this, will get back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting the issue and apologies for the inconvenience caused!

We are looking into the issue. We will let you know once we plan to deliver the fix in one of the future releases.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,

We are experiencing the very same issue and I was wondering if any progress had been made since your last post a month ago.
Would you happen to have an update or an ETA for a fix release?

In our case the faulty update was october 2nd (1900820071). Everything was working fine before that ( up until 1801120063 included)

Thank you,

Remy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvindy,

Please see my elaborated comment above, as it seems there's more to this issue then it seems to be .

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AGIEM,

Yes, Acrobat will continue to support collaborative reviews via local servers/SharePoint or web.

To use the collaborative reviews via local servers/SharePoint or web, please follow the steps below-

-Launch Acrobat app

-Open Preferences (Use ctrl+k on Windows or cmd+k on Mac)

-Select "Reviewing" from left pane

-Uncheck the option "Share for review using the Adobe Document Cloud"

-Click "OK" to save and close the Preferences dialog

OldReview.png

Now open any PDF and try "Send for Review",  collaborative reviews workflow will start now.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I dug more after sending this out, and I unchecked the Document Cloud option. I've set up the SharePoint server again, then sent a document for review. The document was uploaded with success, and I have been able to add a comment, but when my pair tester opened and added a comment, the error message popped up. So the conclusion is that you can start a review, but servers are unable to collect and share the comments. Which breaks the actual collaborative process.

An ETA for this major bug fix would be great.

Regards,

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At my organization the problem only exists on Windows 10 based machines. Our Macintosh computers are having no issues. It appears that it may be a DNS issue. If you check the Tracker on Macintosh based systems you can see the tracker is reaching the share point online servers through a domain name and windows 10 computers are connecting via IP. We tested one machine rolling back updates before October (We had old install files on had for deployment). This issues is clearly related to updates that started rolling out in October. This is not a user issue it is an Adobe issue.

Users on Windows can post comments but only people on Macintosh computers can see posted comments from other users. I have tested this -  I have both a windows based machine and a Macintosh machine. Settings on both machines are identical. The only difference was how the tracker was reaching the server as I mentioned above. There is no way that I have found to change the IP address to a domain. I tried altering my windows host file to direct that domain to the same ip with no luck. Pinging the domain name does return the same ip but I have seen protocols be picking about either domain names or ip's in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution of changing the IP to domain was suggested by our sys admin too, but indeed, there is no way to change this in tracker. Maybe Adobe will think about fixing this too?

And yes, the issue is on Windows and started after an October update, as stated in other comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arvind,

I tried your solution, but the document cloud check box was already unselected. Like the others, I can post a PDF to Sharepoint and publish comments. But as soon as I close the PDF and reaccess it, I get this error. Started in October, Windows 10, etc.acrobat error message.png

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for us with Windows 10 since October.  Works on Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe found the problem and came up with a registry fix, but they are still testing it to make sure there is no security problem.

You can open a case with the support department (this is what I did) and they will give you more information about the registry fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've opened a case with Adobe Support (which was a bit of a challenge). I'm waiting to hear back on this registration fix but so far they've informed that the issue is under review. If anyone else has had any luck resolving this issue do let me know. The Shared Review PDFs on SharePoint were such a nice feature would like to move back to using that rather than trying to find Network Drives that everyone has access to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found a workaround for my version of this problem.

I had to clear the Adobe (SharePoint Login) Credentials from my local system. It would be nice if there was some kind of prompt when you can't connect to the Shared Review to try a new user name or password.

In effect I did the following:

Open Task Manager - close Adobe Collab Synch process & close Adobe Acrotray process.

Then cleared the registry credentials (from an earlier Adobe Forum Post):

Go into the Registry Editor to delete the cached credentials for Adobe.

1. Type "regedit" in the Run dialog to open the Registry Editor.
  2. For Acrobat or Reader 9:
    1. Open the registry tree hive at HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > AdobeSynchronizer > 9.0 > Credentials.
    2. Delete the registry entries that appear in the Credentials register except for the default entry.
  3. For Acrobat or Reader 8:
    1. Open the registry tree hive at HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adobe Acrobat > 8.0 > Credentials.
    2. Delete the registry entries that appear in the Credentials register except for the default entry.

Note in Adobe Acrobat Pro this is under Adobe > Acrobat > DC > Credentials .

Then when I reopened the Shared Review PDF I was able to connect to it and publish comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan, I tried your fix with Adobe DC standard with no luck. Also the credentials do not appear to be located at HKCU>Software>Adobe>Acrobat>DC>Credentials

I did find something located at:

HKCU>Software>Adobe>Adobe Synchronizer>DC>CredentialsV4

I removed all entries besides the default after clearing all adobe processes in task manager..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The problem was temporarily fixed for me by closing all adobe applications (including using task manager to close acrotray & adobe collabsynch). Then clearing the credentials in regedit. Then rebooting the system.

However I noticed on opening the Shared Review PDF this morning I'm once again getting the message cannot connect to server. As such this fix isn't reliable. I suspected the problem was incorrect credentials being passed to SharePoint but I'm not sure that's the case. Still haven't heard back on a fix from Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge problem for me right now. Some participants in a shared review (on a local server) are unable to publish comments due to server access issues as described above. This previously worked great , for years - but not any more apparently. In my opinion this is an urgent, critical issue that is delaying our projects and must be addressed as a high priority by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same exact issue but only on Windows 10 machines.  All of our Windows 7 machines do not encounter this issue.  For reference, we are running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC v2019.010.20069.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 4 months since this bug has been reported. It was finally acknowledged 1 month ago "4262085". Can we please get an update. This is a major work flow disruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A registry protected fix has been released as part of the Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.010.20091).

Please follow the steps to resolve this issue-

-Update Adobe Acrobat to the latest version(19.010.20091) if not done already(Help > Check for Updates)

-Quit Acrobat/Reader

-Open task manage and kill the processes “AdobeCollabSync.exe”

-Create the REG_SZ type key "tdisableHTTP2List" and set its value to "*.sharepoint.com" at the below path

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Synchronizer\DC]

"tdisableHTTP2List"="*.sharepoint.com"

(See the snapshot in of the created registry)

regSnapshot.png

Now try your workflow and see if it resolves the issue. Please let us know in case of any concerns.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines