• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Reader on macOS

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat won't load on Mac correctly, if an Adobe file or attachment is opened the first page appears but immediately followed by the beachball which keeps rolling and the whole program freezes.

The program needs to be Force Quit to remove from screen. Any help appreciated.

[Subject edited by moderator. Was "Adobe Issues". Adobe is a company that make a lot of different software.]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike,

I hope you are doing well. I am sorry for the trouble.

As per the description, the application freezes after launch. Please share the below information for us to investigate better:

1. The application version of Acrobat you are using;

2. The operating system and its version;

3. A screenshot or a screen recording of the scenario happening for our better understanding.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik

Thanks for coming back to me, please see attached as requested, hope you can assist

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't upload the video of the issue as the file size is too large, can I email it or send it some other way please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't look like the mobile version of Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved the thread to Acrobat Reader Forum]

@mike25043573s1r2 

Hi, 

You may try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also, you can try using the application in the root user account. To know more about using a root account, please visit the link: How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik

I have opened the folder as you suggested but the search can't find the recommended folders, am I in the right place?

Also there are blued out folders, is this correct?

I attach screenshot

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mike25043573s1r2 Hi,

You will need to move the following folders from within:

• Acrobat WebCapture Cookies
  • com. adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist or com. adobe.Acrobat.Pro_x86_9.0.plist
  • Acrobat Distiller Prefs and com. adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist (if you are troubleshooting an issue with Distiller)
  • The Acrobat folder, contains preferences for forms (MRUFormsList), collaboration (OfflineDocs), and color settings (AcrobatColor Settings.csf)

Once these are done, restart Acrobat for the changes to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik

I'm afraid I still cannot find the files you are referring to, can you confirm these are for my version of DC

Another thing, would my issue be anything to do with Adobe Flash Player withdrawal, perhaps and uninstall glitch?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help appreciated Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mike25043573s1r2 Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. 

Please refer to the below link to get a step by step information about resetting preferences on Acrobat:

How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to defaul... 

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't use Search. Really, it's a disaster waiting to happen, and it probably won't find the right folder anyway. Don't guess. You know where to look for the files - it tells you - so go right there. In Finder use Go > Go to folder. Type

(or better, copy/paste) ~/Library/Preferences

exactly as shown including the first ~. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines