Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Error 10:10 (IE 11)

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have about 250 machines on our domain and starting a few days ago, my users cannot open a PDF within Internet Explorer. Trying to do so gives the following: 

"There is a problem with Adobe Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (10:10)"

Of course manually killing any Adobe process does not work. I have tried disabling enhanced security as well as Protected Mode at Startup, which has corrected these errors in the past. However, my only solution for now has been to disable the Adobe Reader add-on for Inter Explorer 11. When this is disabled, it prompts the user to either open or save the document, which works fine. 

However, the PDF should be able to open in the browser as it's expected. I'm hoping someone can offer some insight because I have tried every solution Google has brought me to. 

Thanks, in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you all are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC (version 21.005.20054) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version from this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2021.html#dccontinuousjunehotfixtwentytwentyone 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Hi,

Hope you are doing well and am sorry for the trouble you had. Please install the latest update of Acrobat & Reader 21.007.20091 Planned update, Sept 14, 2021 app and see if you still experience this issue.

Update the app from the help menu>select check for updates, install the latest patch and reboot the app and machine if possible.

To know more about the latest release, please see: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - September' 21 update is now available!

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

An

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 119 Replies 119
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send me an email with the files.

Thank you,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like the fix files too.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a copy of the test files for use by our users. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like the fix files too.

Please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thank you for sending me an e-mail.

Many of our users who have updated are sending inquiries with this error, so can we know when there will be an open solution?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

Could you send me the testing solution so that i can try on my user workstation?

Thks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

unfortunately we have not received any mail. Can you please send it again?

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

please send me the test files to fix the problem, we have the same issue.

Thanks

Alberto Capitani

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I resolved simply activating Protected Mode.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to change few reg keys:

Brijesh5C79_0-1623883981654.png

It fixed the issue but somehow when I reboot the system it changes the value for bProtectedMode from 1 to 0 and issues starts occurring.
Please let me know if anyone has permanent fix.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can i have the new DLL to fix the problem please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello we also havent received that mail. cant you make them publicly accessible for download?

please send asap to [Personal information removed by the moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I also have the problem can i have the file please ?

[Personal information removed by the moderator]

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the dll files and can confirm it has resolved the issue for our staff.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

can you please send me the dll.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you send to me also please ?

mattphilippe@hotmail.fr

Many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be thrilled if somebody could provide a link to this, our e-prescribing software relies heavily on acrobat to print scripts and this is significantly impacting our quality of service.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PM software is getting hammered with this as well.  It would be great if a fix were released publicly or someone would send me the DLLs and instructions required to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I get the dll as well, please? It's affecting viewing PDFs in QuickBooks (Since it uses IE.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind reporting back with whether or not the DLL files resolve the issue for you? Numerous users in our environment are receiving the 10:10 error when viewing QuickBooks Previous Reconciliation reports and the DLL files made no difference. We've resorted to re-installing Acrobat/Reader DC with the previous update (21.001.20155) to get them working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I also get a copy of the dll file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Someone can send me the dll file please ?

mattphilippe@hotmail.fr

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are also getting this error on mulitple machines and its preventing us from viewing/printing our claims. I have an entire department dead in the water. can you please send us the DLLs for testing as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck getting the DLL. Adobe has not replied to me yet for a couple days after I had asked for it, nor have I seen responses from them on other comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I resolved simply activating Protected Mode.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines