• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open pdf on Mac

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to view any pdfs with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my Mac.  The menu bar shows the file is open (file shows up when click on Windows in the menu bar).  When I right-click on the Reader icon in the Dock and select "show All Windows", my desktop is cleared of all other open programs and I see the open file name and a slice of an icon above the filename.  I can not click to open, enlarge it, etc.  This may be a Mac settings issue vs a Reader issue but either way, I can't figure it out.  I can open the file with Mac's Preview, but I lose not reader.  Thoughts to address?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the app menu - Preferences - Page Display and tick the "Show large images" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 3.49.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same issue with not being able to open any .pdf files in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my Mac. It acted as if the file opened but wouldn't show the document or file window anywhere on the screen (making it appear as nothing happened). Strange though as I was able to view it in Full Screen mode. Another strange observation is that .pdfs would open with no problem under my husband's user profile on the same computer. Had tried making sure files were set to open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, restarting computer, deleting & re-installing Adobe Acrobat Reader but that did nothing for me. I did as others suggested on this thread... Open some .pdf files then go to Window -> Cascade -> Tile and that worked for me, seemed to "unstick" whatever glitch is happening. So far it seems permanant as I have restarted computer several times and .pdf files are opening normally without having to go through this process. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on my iMac. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. This issue happened at some point a few months ago as I sometimes use computers at school. Has anyone solved this yet? The Window>Cascade>File did not work for me...first of all the link only goes Window>Cascade...File is NEXT TO Window and not in the line of icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. my Adobe version is 2017 Release 2017.012.20093 and my iMac version is iMac 27inch (late 2012) Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6. It is very frustrating to use a product that has been very reliable in the past and run up against a brick wall with no hope in sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't say "File". It says "Tile".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVP...That was a misprint...I meant TILE...it does not open after Cascade is selected. You must close Cascade and select TILE just to the right of it. In either case, not working anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MVP...I tried something you sent out earlier..."Go to the app menu - Preferences - Page Display and tick the "Show large images" box." and it WORKED! Ten weeks of trying to get this solved...you ROCK! Hopefully Adobe is paying attention.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot launch Acrobat DC....Any sugessions, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured out how to fix this:

1. Open one pdf file

2. Click on the 'Adobe Reader DC' icon on the task bar to show Adobe Reader on the Menu bar

3. Clicking on the 'Window' menu item and choose 'Tile'

4. then chose 'Horizontally' or 'Vertically'

5. You should be able to see the pdf file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I had the same problem and found that the windows were sized down to a bare sliver on my desktop. Once I was able to resize them, I could get in  no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines