Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing document colours

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am partially sighted and can't read black text on white background.  I am trying to scan pages from a book to get them into pdf format so that I can use the Preferences > Accessibility > Documents Colours Options > Replace Document Colours faciltiy on Acrobat Reader.  The scanner I use generates jpg files and can export them to pdfs.  However I cannot change the colour of the exported files.  I have tried exporting in various types of pdf (pdf, pdfA, searchable pdf, searchable pdfA) but the colour change faciltiy doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest a solution?  I see the scanner can also export in tiff format - if that woudl make any difference.

Exporting as a ocr'd word file doesn't work as the text I want to read is an engineering textbook with lots of odd letters and diagrams and they just don't ocr properly.

Many thanks in advance

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Peter.B,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat Reader.

Would you mind checking if changing the contrast or inverting the colors on the page help (screenshots attached for reference)?

SS_0-1680228072918.png

You can learn more here: Adobe Acrobat Color settings

Let us know if this helps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@S S. 

Hi Souvik,

Many thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I've tried all the options in the Replace Document Colors section, and have just done so again to make sure.  None of the three options work and ticking or unticking the two other boxes has no effect either.  The documents are still showing black text on white background.

All suggestions would be much appreciated.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@S S. 

Hi Souvik,

Just checking if you've had a chance to look at this further?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter.B I tried reproducing the issue at my end but couldn't. Would you mind sharing the file with me over private message (click on my profile name-> click the blue button that says "Send a Message" on the next page).

This will help me investigate better and provide you a concrete resolution.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Souvik,

I couldn't find a way to attach a file when sending a private message so I am sending it by a 'reply'.

Berndt has advised that Acrobat Reader for Windows won't invert the black and white because the pdf is of a scanned image.  But I note that 'Liquid' mode in Reader for iOS inverts successfully which suggests top me that there should be a way to do the same on the Windows app.  For info: I am using the latest versions of the Acrobat Reader apps for both iOS and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader can't change the colors of scanned documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, as they are just images. You need to use something like Photoshop for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernd Alheit 

Hi Bernd,

Many thanks for your response.  I did wonder if that might be the case but black and white invert OK when I view the file in Liquid mode in the Acrobat reader for iOS.  This isn't a solution as I have only an iPhone so can't read big files on it.  Why can't Acrobat on Windows do the same thing?  I am using the free versions of Acrobat Reader on both Windows and iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader on Windows doesn't have this mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right.  But it is short-sighted of Adobe not to introduce this mode to Acrobat for Windows also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines