• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digitally Sign fonts messed up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When some people at my work attempt to sign documents in adobe acrobat reader DC their names is unreadable. I think I have tracked down the problem to a font but I'm not sure how to fix it. 

sign1.png

It seems the problem computers do not embed the font into the PDF when signing but the working computers do. No matter how much I search I have not had any luck finding out how to fix this. I have even reinstalled a few times.

pdfFont.pdf.png

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Security digital signatures and esignatures , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zack

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the digitally sign fonts are messed up.

The signature will be shown correct when the Fonts is embedded in the Source Document. Would you mind sharing how the document was created?

Please check the steps shared in the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/error-in-the-appearance-of-the-digital-signature/m-p/1... and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not matter how the document is created. We have made PDFs with CAD software, With Microsoft PDF printer, and I have also tested lots of other random PDFs from all over.

The problem starts when the users in question digitally signs and adobe reader saves off a new copy of the document. For some people the font gets embedded during that process and everything works perfect. For other people it’s not embedded and it fails. Like in the screen shot above.

Both working and broken adobe acrobat readers DC installs are of the same version on all the computers as well. "2021.005.20060"

I have also confirmed that the exact same steps are being followed to sign the document. (Edit > Manage Tools > Certificates > Open > Digitally Sign > Highlight area and click sign)

So I’m at a loss. I can’t find anything that is different.

An interesting notes: If someone with a working install signs a document first then the people with the non-working installs can sign just fine because at that point the font has already been embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. As correctly said, The signature will be shown correct when the Fonts is embedded in the Source Document.

Have you tried the steps shared in the correct answer marked in the similar discussion shared earlier?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your link but I don't think it applys to us because we are not making PDFs from Word or Power Point. These files are already PDFs when we get them.

From my testing it looks like adobe reader itself should embed the font when signing. I have looked at the fonts on PDF documents before and after signing and that seems to be the case with most people. Just for some reason on other computers that is not happening.

Is there an option somewere that I can't find that turns this off and on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zack

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists. As mentioned its working fine on the other computers, you may try to reset the Acrobat Preferences as described in the help page- https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... 

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the rooot account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have any luck with this. I renamed the folders so that new ones would be made and I even reinstalled adobe reader.

I have not been able to make a new user profile yet. I will try that the next time I am in touch with the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to test the application in the test user profile as described above and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, although we now have 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here!!! lost 1 hour filling a form only to have it messed up and having to do it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony Lemay,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please let us know what happens when you try to add a signature to the PDF.

Confirm if you are using the Acrobat Reader or the Acrobat application. Check if you have the required fonts available on the machine. 

It would be helpful if you could share the screenshot for better understanding.

Share the Acrobat and OS versions used on the machine.

For information on Digital IDs, refer to the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/digital-ids.html

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and many others at my company are having the same issue. Can't seem to determine the root cause.

Word Documents - Embedding the fonts was working at first and still works sometimes but not with all documents. Can't figure out the rhyme or reason.

Other documents not coming from Word or Powerpoint also have the issue. I have tried all of the solutions mentioned and none have fixed the issue. We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro (32-bit).

Any suggestions? This is really making document sign-off difficult for us and way more time consuming than in the past as this just started happening often within the last year. 

Thanks,

-Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this issue. Our Comms unit is not able to resolve and we've deleted & redownloaded Adobe. Has anyone found a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines