• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove the right hand pane in Reader DC (LOCKED)

Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I remove the right hand pane (export pdf, create pdf, edit pdf, etc.) on Reader DC?  It takes up a quarter of my screen and I never use that stuff!

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

The July 2015 Acrobat & Reader DC update introduced a UI change for the right-hand pane. Now when you launch Acrobat/Reader DC, it will retain the last state (collapsed or open) of the tools in the Right-Hand Pane. You can find more details on this page

Acrobat Help | New features summary.

Edit: Just to clarify in Reader DC, it's a Preference located under Edit > Preferences > Documents "Open Tool pane for each document".

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for figuring this out. It totally worked. I had to do something like this in a previous version too. You have saved me hours of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Works for Windows 7 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  I like UGLY.  Thank you.

Dear Adobe - please stop shoving features down our throats.  Your contempt for the user community is certainly showing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader DC wins best App Design Award: http://adobe.ly/1HL1Vzm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fabulous! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ulgy but fabulous workaround!

Adobe, I will use an alternative pdf reader if you try to force this in my face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How insane that they don't allow you to disable this from preferences! Thanks for the fix though tmmcentyre, that worked like a charm.

Adobe, fix this before I move my company to another PDF reader... this is unacceptable that we have to go and modify the program files to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude I created this profile just to thank you! ❤️

I'd rather donate to you than to adobe.

Keep up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ Me too.  I hate bad software designs...  and designers who don't care their designs are bad.

ANNOYING move Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, thanks for this! Was annoying the hell out of me! Why on earth Adobe keep forcing stuff like this on us is beyond me...

In case this helps anyone, in Windows 7 my folder is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\AcroApp\ENU

I also did what jorger said above, which was simply to move "Viewer.aapp".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks It worked for me TOO! FINALYYYYYYYYY! I was looking for some other software...and came across your post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2015 Jun 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked beautifully for me, too! Plus, there is an additional benefit: the file opens immediately and there is no waiting for the tools pane to close. The Adobe design team should have at least put in an option to have this pane closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the simple solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked for Windows 7 Acrobat DC. I personally like the upgrade over my old X Pro. A lot of nice new functionality for my company's needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a media designer it is not acceptable for me. I only need the previous view. Not a sidebar. It is a lot of time-wasting to always type the shortcut Shift + F4 to remove the annoying sidebar. I don't want to do any programming to change it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that worked for me on my HP laptop with Win 8.1. I can't for the life of me see why Adobe made this gross error of judgement - hope they fix it soon.

Bob Davies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just made my day!  I thought I was being too persnickety - I'm so glad other people are annoyed by this too!  Now I just have to convince Netflix to change back to white screens with black typeface! 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, tmmcentyre.

The location of that folder on Windows (spanish version) is: "C:\Archivos de programa\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroApp\ESP"

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect @tmmcentyre !!! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DEFINITELY the best solution!!

Works just fine with My Windows 7 (64 bit). DC on 32 bit

Also, just thought I'd mention that you can set "Recent files" to "0" in DC unlike previous versions where yo had to edit registry not to show Recent files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Thank you!!  Thank you !!!  I was about to uninstall this @#$@#$  thing because it was driving me nuts!  Did I say thank you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome fix tmmcentyre! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this did not work. Once I log in as a different user, the sidebar pane is back. Please update this with a working fix Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe some of you posters that came later in the game missed the post by Lori that this is fixed in the newest update for Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it is fixed for CC version. Last time I checked,  no update offered.

BJBBJB1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines