• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove "advert for a 7-day trial of Acrobat Pro"

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Reader there's an advert for a 7-day trial of Acrobat Pro in a paid CC subscription version of Acrobat Pro. how to remove it.  with a reg key ?

Infra315783430wz6_0-1695305172770.png

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Hi there

Please check the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-disable-start-free-trial/m-p/11388366#M28883 and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have a CC subscription, it does come with Adobe Acrobat Pro, so just uninstall the free Reader and install Acrobat Pro and you should not see this add anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Infra315783430wz6 

++ Adding to the discussion

I see that you have personal and company ID under the same email. Please logout of the application and log in with your company ID as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/enterprise-id-faq.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I forgot to say, I have Reader version installed for all my users in my company, so I will like to remove it, cause they dont have a Pro subscription. So we deploy reader for all. There is some regkey like "bAcroSuppressUpsell" but , dont see the right key to remove that add. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Infra315783430wz6 

Please check out the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/how-to-remove-quot-convert-edit-and-e-sign... and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no... the key bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc  or bAcroSuppressUpsell  dont remove it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please check the correct answer marked in the similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-disable-start-fr... and see if that works for you.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah ist working. Thanks!  My fault! haha I have to put bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc  under FeatureLockDown\cIPM  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working for me. I have the exact same issue, but these registry settings are not suppressing either "try acrobat pro" buttons in either the top right or bottom left of the interface. They are extremely annoying, and we absoultely do not want our corporate users to be clicking on these. This is on version 23.006.20380 of 64 bit reader. Please help, and please tell your engineers to stop putting this in. Thank you.

adobe 2.JPGadobe1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had tried putting in the bAcroSuppressUpsell entry directly under FeatureLockDown, which I had seen mentioned somewhere else, but that also is not doing anything.adobe3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the key must be there: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cIPM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need teh clPM - I have it in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown (and yes, even for Reader, you need to use the Adobe Acrobat product). As far as I can tell, the "Try Acrobat Pro" button goes away when I enable it, and comes back when I disable this feature lock down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more: These registry keys are documented in the Adobe Acrobat Enterprise Toolkit: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all I can say, is when  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\FeatureLockDown\cIPM\bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc = 1  the advert is there, and when is 0 , the advert disappears. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, for bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc needs to be in clPM: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/PrefRef/Windows/index.html

bAcroSuppressUpsell has to be straight in FeatureLockDown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines