• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu bar and window bar disappears on mouse movement.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe reader is open and I move the mouse up to the menu, the menu bar and the Windows bar will disappear. Somestimes re-sizing the window can bring it back, but what is causing this? It happened on an old machine and now on my new machine too. Latest version installed. Graphics driver updated.

Uploaded a small video of the behaviour. Happens with all PDF files. 

Not clicking on the screen, just moving the mouse towards the top of the screen.

There is no better PDF reader, at least I thought so. This is really frustrating.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Gordon

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

I'm having the exact same issues on Adobe Acrobat Pro, date is now 2022-10-05. 

Using a newly installed Windows 10 PC

Something i found is this problem only occurs when using my 3dconnection spacemouse Pro, using a normal mouse fixes the issue. Problem is, I can't use a normal mouse for my work, that's why I also need this to be fixed 🙂

Br 
E

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022
I can confirm. Killing those 3dx drivers stopped the issues.

--
Michael J. Narlock

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

We had the same behaviour with an old Version of Hardcopy (a screenshot program) somehow conflicting with Acrobat.
After we updated Hardcopy the Problem was gone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

We ran into this issue in our environment with users who started using the CAD Mouse Pro.

3DxWare - latest from website (10.8.17)

Acrobat - 23.006.20380

After a lot of troubleshooting, we found that disabling the Smart Scrolling feature under the advanced settings fixes the issue. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gordon

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.11.20039 installed. Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu and reboot again.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2021.011.20039 64-bit

I have checked for updates.

Repaired the install and no difference.

Renaming/moving the Appdata Roaming had no effect.

I have attached the SysInfo in case that is useful.

I will ask my IT Departmetn about the user profile. 

Thanks

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to not being able to resolve this issue, I have installed Foxit. It seems to do what I need. 

A glitchy UI is truly odd. I have numerous applications running on my laptop for work and Adobe Reader is the only one that has this kind of issue.

It is disappointing. Thankfully there is another software company out there with a product that does not glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gordon

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available ver. 22.1.20085. Please try updating the application from the help menu and reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Gordon's UI issues are not isolated to just their install.

After attempting all the above suggestions for solving this - including the latest update posted above and rebooting - the upper bar area containing both the funcitonal drop down menus and the window title bar is still disappearing on my machine as well. It happens regardless of user profile used or administrative privileges assigned.

Additionally, adjusting the scaling mode from within the NVIDIA Control Panel from Display to GPU as suggested in older posts about this same issue has also not fixed the disappearing upper window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been said, no improvement with the new update.

I have ran a process monitor file. It is attached, but I have added an additional file extension manually so that I could attach it.  Simply remove the .txt and then you may be able to review what is going in here.

perhaps it may be of use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not upload the zip file.  If you can give a reference and email address, I could send the file. It is only 2-3Mb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gordon & Casandra

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists on the new version.

Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and the procmon logs (Win) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud link as explained here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do wish adobe would find a solution to this.  I posted about this a couple months ago as well.  I also included a video of the problem.  My problem is happening in Adobe Acrobat Pro!  This is expensive software to be having this type of glitch and not be fixed by now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got around to uploading the Adobe CC logs. However the acromonitor does not recognise that the ProcMon application is installed.  The admobe cloud link instructions were not clear as I do not see the share option as shown on that page.

Thanks

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue and it has been driving me insane!  It doesn't look like you've found a resolution for this, any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing the logs requested in my previous reply, so that we can isolate the issue for the fix?

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Has there been any update on this as i've had the same issue and follwed the same advice but it still does it.

Regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Foxit, and so now use that. I have the links for generating a series of log files, but I do not have the time to go through it. If Foxit reader didn't work, then I would have found the time. I instead found a more reliable product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Are there any solutions for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not found a remedy yet. Still dealing with this annoying issue 5 months later; no updates released either to fix it.

Hoping someone stumbles across a fix and shares it one day though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is already reported to our engineering team for the fix and they are working on it.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue on my laptop. Oddly, it doesn't appear on my workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with my Acrobat Pro, when you hover the cursor over the top menu bar, it disappears, and unless you click Home, it won't come back, have tried all means, and have updated to the latest version, the problem still lingers, begging for a solution. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, PLEASE fix this!!! I am losing my mind because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues on Adobe Acrobat Pro, date is now 2022-10-05. 

Using a newly installed Windows 10 PC

Something i found is this problem only occurs when using my 3dconnection spacemouse Pro, using a normal mouse fixes the issue. Problem is, I can't use a normal mouse for my work, that's why I also need this to be fixed 🙂

Br 
E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting...I also have a 3dconnection CadMouse Wireless. I just plugged in a Logitech and that did not seem to solve it. I will continue to test a few other mice and will report back with my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha.  There's a good clue.  I've posted in this thread as well as created my own post a few months ago.  In my thread, I noted I was using AutoDesk Inventor & AutoCAD as well as adobe software and office suite software.  I'm also using a new space mouse at the office and an old space mouse at my home office.  Both of my computers are having this issue.  I just ran an experiment by stopping the 3dConnexion drivers and the problem went away.  When I restarted the drivers, the problem returned.

Good Find!  Hopefully this will help in getting the problem resolved a little sooner...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm. Killing those 3dx drivers stopped the issues.

--
Michael J. Narlock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines