Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick print in Outlook 365 and Adobe reader opens

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having an issue where if I click quick print on a pdf in Outlook 365 it opens adobe reader, is there anyway to turn this feature off as it is very frustrating when you have a number of PDF's to print.

I've done some research online and it seem's I'm not the only person who encounters this issue and it looks like it is an ongoing issue that has been going on over a number of years, could someone please advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

adamm54424145​, frederikp64108069

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.008.20080) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: 19.008.20080 Optional update, October 22, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Please t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for being so patient.

We have released an update for the application that includes the fix. Please update the application to the latest version.

In the application, go to Help menu > Check for updates.

You may check more information on updates on the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adamm,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, Are you facing the issue with the latest update of Adobe Reader 19.008.20074?

Please check the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

We've already reported this issue to the Engineering team for further investigation. I have sent you a private message with a few more details, please check your email inbox.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, could you sent me an e-mail too?. Thanks, Frederik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamm54424145​, frederikp64108069

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.008.20080) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: 19.008.20080 Optional update, October 22, 2018 — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search for updates it tells me there are none available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Defaultipvu,

Would you mind sharing your Acrobat and OS version with us?

You may check the version information in the application using the following steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

WIN10

DC Version 2020.006.20042

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still remains in version 20.009.20067.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still apparent albeit not every time, when you have many attachments to print it is such a pain waiting for reader to open and close before printing starts

Running W10 and 365 Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I've looked around and tried everything I can think of, edited the registry and can't come up with a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!  It is really slowing down my work day!  The supposed "fix" was supposed to be in an update from 3 years ago.  I have the most up-to-date version and I'm still having this issue.  We need a fix, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening on verion Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 22.00.1.20169.0. This is the latest version Adobe has released as of 7-19-2022. Do we know when you may implement a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out.

The team is aware of this issue and investigating this further.

We will inform you once we get any update from the team.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem with version 2022.001.20169. Please fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have also the same problem with version 2022.001.20169. Annoying for the users trying to quick print a pdf attachment

Please fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The team is actively looking into this issue and working on the fix.

We will share the information once the fixed version will be available.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? This is very annoying. Also, the "save as" button is grayed out now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

This Quick Print is also continuing to cause problems on my Outlook as well ever since the Adobe Reader Upgrade. Version 2022.001.20169

Please work on fixing this ASAP. It's interrupting my work flow and slowing me down tremendously.

Thank you,

Bridget

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY AGREE. I PRINT UP TO 100 PDF'S A DAY AND THIS IS OBSURD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im experiencing this issue too...replying so hopefully i can be alerted when there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree get calls from customers today since atleast the 27th of July with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to show that this is an issue that many Help Desk / Support personnel are having to deal with. Please fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with no fix. Latest update to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to this is in the thread I posted above.  Adobe is following and replying in that thread, not this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines