• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server2016 RDS farm 21.007.20091 update error

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 14th September we have had the following issues after Adobe Reader tried to update itself from 21.005.20060 to 21.007.20091

Server 2016 RDS farm. We get a bit of a mixture of things happening.
When opening from the start menu:

• Users get a windows installer prompt with a progress bar stating 'Preparing application for first use'
  • Then an RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error notification "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application." But Adobe opens fine.

If opening a PDF file from explorer it can open fine for 2 or 3 times in a row. But then get a mixture of the above. Sometimes the installer appears upon close.

Additionally the folder path C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader

contains multiple folders 'acrocef_1' through to 'acrocef_32' which is using 5.2GB of data on a very small C: drive.

I checked the link Basic Configuration — Deployment Planning and Configuration (adobe.com) 

It showed how to disable updates in the Adobe Customization Wizard. 
I had already used this wizard to check the box to 'Disable Product Updates' & create a transforms file to customize the installer.
When I checked in the registry at (As mentioned in post above)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\
bUpdater DWORD was set to '0'

&
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\
bUpdater DWORD was set to '0'

But the link says to:
Disable updates to the web service plugins by setting HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\(product name)\(version)\FeatureLockdown\cServices\bUpdater to 0.
bUpdater within the cServices key did not exist.
I created this on our Development server (& in WOW6432Node) and restarted. Logged in as an admin no issues. Logged in as a user and still getting the same thing.

This seems like a bug with version 21.007.20091.
But if i revert back to 21.005.20060 - without a way to disable updates. How long until this issue come back by itself?

Please let's have a correct method to disable updates and a patch for current version.

We are getting so many support calls from users about this issue.

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues. 

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support have contacted me this morning to say the msi logs I provided them with were useful in isolating the issue.
They hope to have a patch ready for release 'soon'.
So be assured, they are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to hear there is now some movement at Adobe's end 🙂 & hopefully they will understand this is happening on both server, & Win 10 O/S. They also need to stop the x64 task install alongside the existing x32 Adobe client (as this kills the x32 O365 client .pdf W10 preview feature!). 

Cheers
John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be thousands of companies with this issue globally (ours included). I hope to god they really mean 'soon' as it is causing us major issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update released with a .x version number. Anyone in a position to test this now. I can't kick our 2012R2 server users  during the day unless I know this fix works. Otherwise it will be tonight before the server is unused.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuoussept2021qfe...

Changelog does not state this issue directly but still hoping it resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the patch on our RDS server and it did not require a reboot. The error popup messages have ceased as well.

Thanks,

DA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues. 

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AnandSri 
Thanks for confirming the link to the patch.
I have installed over the top of 21.007.20091 just by adding the msp file into the installer folder and altering the batch file to use the new msp file. Running the batch to install & did not reboot afterwards.

Logged in as a user and did not get any prompts of any kind. Version confirmed to be 21.007.20095.

Will further test tomorrow, but this looks to be fixed.
Thanks for you efforts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

Thanks gor your feedback we have installed the .msp on all our hosts this evening and hope that tomorrow morning will be a fresh one.

Olivier.

special thanks also to @UKRobster 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ours updated automatically to .95 and the issues have all gone. Phew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Olivier Rayon 

Thanks for confirming that the issue got fixed and thanks a ton for your time and patience.

True, that @UKRobster cooperated a lot during this and actively participated in the investigation process to narrow down the root cause which helped a lot in the fix/patch.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again, it worked since we installed it .. so far so good !!

Olivier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update fixed all our issues, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the .95 is now starting to kick in on W10 clients via the sheduled update task :). Is it just me though...or have other people been stuck with an addtional x64 version after the .91 update? And if so... is it far to assume I will now need to package an uninstall of the x64 (i.e. the .95 update doesn't remove it)? 

Cheers
John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

New version work fine.

But ..........

After close PDF, Adobe Reader dont Close automatically in Task Manager AdobeRdrCEF!!!

When user finish work end of the day, Windows close  the AdobeRdrCEF after Log Out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines