• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find snapshot tool in Acrobat Reader 2023

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader 2023 changed menu layouts and snapshot tool cannot be found. Find tool in top right says "Find text or tools" but it cannot find snapshot tool. Any ideas how to take snapshot in Acrobat Reader 2023?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Snapshot has been moved to unified File menu -> Undo, Redo & More -> Take a snapshot.

Zendu_0-1683484119048.png

Such a radical change in UI should have been accompanied by documentation update. But the documentation still refers to old ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for that! But where is the support? You press Help, you get instructions for an old interface. This is basic stuff - we were getting it right in 90s when I used to write help! How can Adobe be so useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you developers at Adobe please stop mucking around with the menus and toolbars.  Improve the features and technology by all means but can you just stop mucking about with the user interface.  Some dude in the develpment team seems to think it is a good idea to moved stuff around in each new version.  That seriously reduces user efficiency and workflow speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is f***ing garbage.  Useless cra*.  I found Foxit PDF to be WAY WAY better.  Everyone, ditch Adobe.  Go to Foxit PDF.  I highly recommend it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't locate an option to add a "Snapshot" feature directly to the toolbar in this version, which is very disappointing.

However, I've found a workaround to avoid sifting through numerous menus.

When you're in select mode (as opposed to pan mode), you can activate "rectangular select" over "text select" by dragging with the "Ctrl" key pressed, even if you're hovering over text. Once you've made the rectangular selection, right-click and choose the "Take a Snapshot" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also found that if you are in "pan" mode, you can simply right click anywhere on the page and the menu has the "take a snapshot" option there. Much faster than going through the menu. Hope this helps someone. I use it a lot to print certain sections of a page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see snapshot after r-click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so effing annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now available in the mouse Right Click. This is awesome.

AungS_1-1709187949816.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll give it a try.

*Kelly Swertfager*
7407 N. Woodson Avenue
Fresno, California 93711
559-435-3527 Home
559-970-7414 Cell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now find the "take a snapshot tool" in the default Select tool/ the white arrow "Right Click" context menu. You can right click anywhere and find it in the middle of the menu.

Good work to the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new location of the snapshot tool in Acrobat makes it a pain to use now.

I recommend using the "Snipping Tool" or "Snip & Sketch" in Windows. It works with anything you see on your screen, and it can be pinned to your Windows Taskbar.  Its also great for adding images to a PowerPoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip about the Snipping Tool!

*Kelly Swertfager*
7407 N. Woodson Avenue
Fresno, California 93711
559-435-3527 Home
559-970-7414 Cell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the tool you are referring to in Windows as well, but since Adobe added the snapshot tool to the right click menu, I am much happier.  Having to do a search for it every time I need to snapshot something was a pain.  Maybe their developers are somewhat listening to us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hidden in an "Undo, redo & other things" submenu is ridiculously out of the way. We used to have it in the page contextual menu so accessible in two clicks anywhere. Adobe has been worsening Reader more and more since the beginning, that's why I've been using PDF-Xchange Viewer, that's an app with an efficient and customisable interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just to add, i was also looking to find the snapshot tool shortcut, thanks for providing the solution. Alternative is to select the image using the select tool, and choose copy image. 

Belinda26918586467f_0-1715138163088.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out.

In the new version, the "Take a Snapshot" tool is available under the Menu > Undo, Redo & more. You can also select the area/ image in the PDF using the select tool and right-click on it. You will get a pop-up with the option to take a snapshot.

Refer to the screenshot below:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response "Correct" will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines