• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verify Operation Failed and Other Issues

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader X 10.1.1 is not working correctly on my computer which is running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3. I have several symptoms.
1. If I am able to open a pdf file on my hard drive I get this error message:
   “Verify operation failed.”
    I hit OK and can read the document fine.

2. Many pdf files on my hard drive will not open. I get the error message:
   “There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57).”
    I doubt the document is corrupt because I can email them to my coworkers and they can open it.

3. I can open any document inside of Internet Explorer 8. I get the error message:
   “There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:104)”
    It wasn’t running and trying again won’t help. Usually I download the file and try to open it and if I can't I email to a co-worker and continue on. But now I need to fill out a form online that uses a pdf but I can't download it. What can I do now?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no success.  I suspect the root problem is the “Verify operation failed.”

Any ideas.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this more of a Windows issue?

How does the verify operation work? Does it use the registry? Would it help to uninstall then clean Adobe enteries out of the registry then reinstall?

Could it be something wrong with a Windows DLL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first time today I've experienced the same "Verify Operation Failed" message. I'm working on a Mac, so I don't think this is a problem exclusive to Windows.

The PDFs this has happened on don't seem to have anything in common, and if I close them and open them again they open fine the second time without generating any error message.

Quite bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it is trying to contact a certification authority on the internet to verify authenticity and the site is intermittently down. Just a possibility. You could test this theory by disconnecting from the internet completely and seeing if it fails every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the exact same issue for the last couple of hours.  I'm on a Mac using the latest X version 10.1.7.

The error message, "Verify Operation Failed", appears when opening any PDF, even ones that I've previously opened without seeing the error. I also receive the error if I go to Help > Check For Updates. After I click OK to confirm Adobe Acrobat is up to date the "Verify Operation Failed" window pops up.  I don't even have to have a document open and I see the error.

Strange I'm seeing the error message now since the 10.1.7 update was pushed out in May and I use Acrobat everyday... and today is the first time I've seen this error message.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on a Mac, running Acrobat Pro X 10.1.7.  Have started seeing the "Verify Operation Failed" for the first time today.  I receive the message whenever I start Acrobat (after about 10 seconds) and also after opening any PDF (again after a short delay of approx 10 seconds).

It does not appear to affect the operation of Acrobat, but is quite annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add one more Mac user to this list.

"verify operation failed" errors began June 20, 2013. Seems to occur with or without a document open.

My system is i7 iMac, OS 10.6.8, CS6 Design Standard perpetual license, Acrobat Pro 10.1.7 with Enfocus PitStop Pro version 11 (third party plug-in).

others posting here http://forums.adobe.com/message/5438042 and here http://forums.adobe.com/message/5433862

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three days, no response. If I can get my company to pay for it I guess I'll have to go the $39.00 service call route.

Which actually I don't have to do since Foxit works for most of my needs.

Thanks for your support. Not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you let me know the foloowing details:

1. Is this issue happening with all PDFs or only with a set of PDFs?

2. Please try repairing the application from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I repaired the application using Control Panel, no change.

I logged in as a different user and the “Verify Operation Failed.” Message did not appear.

But I could not open the problem pdf files.

2. The pdf files that won't open are labeled as SECURED when I open them in Foxit.

Thanks for taking the time to assist me with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try updating to the latest release of Adobe Reader i.e. 10.1.2 and see if the issue still exists.

You can do the same by clicking on Help > Check For Updates from within Adobe Reader.

Meanwhile could you please let me know if you are experiencing this with all the PDFs that you access on your system or only with a specific set of files.

Thanks

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Adobe Reader X 10.1.2. Nothing is different.

1. Every time I open the Adboe Reader I get the error message:
   “Verify operation failed.”

2. (SECURED) pdf files on my hard drive will not open. I get the error message:
   “There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57).”

3. I can't open any pdf documents inside of Internet Explorer 8. I always get the error message:
   “There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again (0:104)”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try deleting all files and folders from within the Adobe Reader installation folder (byt default its C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 10.0) and then try repairing the application.

It seems as if you have an external plug-in installed on your system which may be causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleted all files from the folder C:\ Reader 10.0 and then repairing the application.

There was no change.

I tried:

- Uninstalling Adobe and IE8.

- Deleted all Adobe files from my hard drive.

- Remove all reference to adobe from my registry.

- Ran a Registry Cleaning software.

- Reinstalled IE8 and Adobe Reader.

There was no change.

I don't think this is an Adobe Reader problem.

I think this is a Windows problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please temporarily disable the antivirus on your system and see if the same issue persists.

Also, it would be great if you could try and see if the problem re-occurs with the Protected Mode as Off on Reader. Although its not advised to have the mode turned off, it would me an idea as to the cause behind the issue.

You can disable the Protected Mode by going to Edit > Preferences > General and unchecking the "Enable Protected Mode" checkbox in Reader. Make sure that you close all instances of Adobe Reader post changing the setting.

Try and launch the same PDFs and see if the problem is still present.

Please make sure to turn on the Protected Mode thereafter to ensure that your system is not compromised by any malicious PDFs.

Thanks

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried everything I can think of. I'm not sure if its a compatability issue with IE 9, adobe reader 10.0 or Windows 7. I even spoke with my instructor and she failed to have any other ideas to solve this issue. If your able to discover one, would you mind sharing. I have a ton of homework and I'm unable to view the material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work around. It requires Foxit Reader, which is free.

Option 1: If you can't open a (.pdf) file in Internet Explorer because it insists on using Adobe Reader which fails on your computer for whatever reason, sometimes you can right click on the link itself and select “Save Target As” which will save the (.pdf) to your hard drive and then you can open it with Foxit Reader. If the file that it tries to save is something other than a (.pdf) such as an (.htm) then try option 2 below.

Option 2: If the “Save Target As” option isn't available, or it tries to save a file type (.htm), then click on the link anyway and let Adobe Reader try and open it. If it fails, the URL to the (.pdf) file should be in the Internet Explorer/Adobe Reader address bar. Copy the URL, open Foxit reader, go to File - Open, then paste the URL of the (.pdf) into the File Name textbox on the Open File pop-up screen and hit "Open".

I've tried changing the default (.pdf) reader to Foxit but sometimes the link to the (.pdf) still insists on using Adobe. Even if I try to use FireFox and Foxit together, there are some (.pdf) links that won't use anything but Adobe.

Sorry Adobe but I don't think it's your software, I think something is wrong with Windows on this computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify Operation Failed  while trying to open the PDF file in Acrobat or Adobe Reader :   Launch Acrobat or Adobe Reader, click on  Edit > Preferences, In General  check on Use Only Certified plug-ins and click on ok. After that navigate to C:\Users\User Account \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0\preference, delete all files from preference folder. Then try to launch Acrobat and open the PDF file. This will resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a Mac (OSX 10.7.5) and started getting the "Verify Operation Failed" notice when opening PDF's in Acrobat Pro (10.1.7) but not in Reader. The PDF seems to be fine but being such an ambiguous message I am concerned as to what is happening behind the scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The "verify operation failed" message started appearing yesterday, and is annoying. Mac OSX 10.8.4 Acrobat Pro 10.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, just started yesterday (20th June) I'm running a MacBook Pro with Mt Lion. Clearly this must be some sort of bug. Adobe please can you sort this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same error. I use Acrobat Pro (version 10.1.7) on Mac. I use it every day but since this morning (21st June) I am recieving the same error message as everyone here. It's getting quite annoying really. I suspect something in the last update isn't quite right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - happening in the last 24hours or so.

Mac OS 10.8.4

CS6 Acrobat Pro x 10.1.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here - running CS6 Acrobat Pro X 10.1.7 on iMac running OS X version 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here - just started getting this error msg today:

CS6 Acrobat Pro X 10.1.7, iMac OSX 10.8.4

Must be a bug Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines