• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I get Acrobat Reader without DC

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the reader on a new PC and seems you all want me to install a cloud version, we don't want your crap Adobe.

Where can I find a plain reader without the cloud crap?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really know how to ask a question. Did you actually look into what the "cloud" thing meant, or did you just jump to conclusions 'cause you didn't like the sound of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was 'tricked' into installing this cloud thing that I had no idea what to do with. Then I did read about it and figured out that I don't need Adobe's version of cloud storage, especially with Adobe's terrible abilities at making a decent UI.

I just want a PDF reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll come to this guy's defense. You are completely and utterly out of line Test_Screen. The "cloud" thing wrecks many computers out there. There are major problems with DC and how it messes with permissions. Adobe reader works just fine for us, but DC ruins everything.

So yes. I'm sure he knew what the "cloud" thing meant and, probably like me, wished that Adobe had created a program that works, or any tech support options that helped. 

DC is literally a virus on many people's computers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right on brother!  I've been trying for an hour to get Reader and Adobe just keeps trying to pawn DC.  No. F-ing. THANK YOU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify you can choose the non DC version in the third drop down. I think they have changed this since I was tricked into installing the DC version a few weeks back as I don't recall seeing these options.

After this continued cloud model and trickery by Adobe, I had to give up Photoshop for the cloud, I've just decided to just quit using Adobe's reader altogether and will learn to deal with the Chrome reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link to get other versions (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions ) no longer offers non-DC versions.  The DC version has annoying tool bars that are not easily hidden, and the save button does not work for email attachments.  Adobe, you've lost me.  I'm reinstalling Reader v11 and considering moving on to other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL of the previous Reader DC installers are still available, here: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, doesn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what it is. Just don't use the free cloud storage, I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Equally Photoshop is just a local app with the option of cloud storage. I have no idea what you mean by "trickery". It's a bad name but no trick so far as I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They took Photoshop to the cloud and make you pay for it monthly, not feasible when using it for a hobby. Trickery meaning they disguise the fact DC is there cloud crap. You ever look at all of the stuff Adobe loads onto your machine...it's unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, and all other apps, are still installed on your local computer. Yes, they require online activation from time to time, but that doesn't mean you always have to be connected to use them, or that you can't save files locally, instead of to the cloud.
And as someone who only uses PS "for a hobby", as you say, you should be happy with this subscription model. You can start and stop it as you please, instead of paying a one-time large sum for something that you might not need to use that often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHat nonsense is this? They did not "take Photoshop to the cloud". Unless you mean something very different by that than I do. What DO you mean by "take Photoshop to the cloud"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67 I work on my hobby at least once a month.

@test screen name

Yea, "take Photoshop to the cloud' might be an incorrect statement, I should have said 'take Photshop to the monthly subscription model'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly I agree they did that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC comes with the option to use cloud storage. Do you want a personal disable (so you do not see the cloud save/open option) or something to fully disable it for a company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a company, how do we fully disable cloud access in both Reader and Acrobat (both of which have been rolled out enterprise wide)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's been a while but in case you haven't found this already, there are many pdf readers from other software companies that offer you a lighter, faster loading experience and more features.  I like PDF XChange from Tracker Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Acrobat reader 11.0.10 for Windows from Adobe’s ftp server here:: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/

German, English (US), French, Spanish and Japanese versions available.

scrcap AR11.0.10 dir.jpg

The direct link to the US English version is:: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.10/en_US/AdbeRdr11010_en_US.exe

This appears to be the last FULL install version.

Get the Update dated 07NOV17 to v 11.0.23 here:: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.23/misc/

scrcap AR11.0.23 update dir.jpg

The direct link to the windows installer version of the update is:: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.23/misc/AdbeRdrUpd11023.msp

For other language versions try v11.0.00 here:: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.00/

scrcap AR11.0.00 language versions.jpg

The update should work on any of these, but I have not tried, 

I muddled through all this today and the install works fine for me on Windows 7 x64.

Sinc,

GBM 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't or won't run Reader DC, I can't recommend going back to Reader XI, as it now has unfixed security issues. Instead, you should look for other vendor's products. I cannot see any alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF has succeeded wildly as a safe and standard document exchange format, beating out Common Ground and other contenders.  But Adobe seems have lost the plot in its desire to add value to their DC subscribers (which I am not).  It would be preferable if Adobe also offered a free basic reader as an alternative to the Acrobat Reader DC with all its bells and whistles (and quirks about where and how to save files).  It should also be secure.  Oh wait, they used to offer such a product choice...

screenshot_2018-10-06_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not solved. 

DC is not good for several reasons: 

1. The main issue is the incredibly long time delay for opening a file. I have timed over a minute in several instances. This is frustrating during meetings or discussions when you want to quickly look at a file on your computer, but have to wait for it to open. It never used to take long, a few seconds max. Simply unacceptable. 

2. DC tries to upsell the user on a lot of workflows that used to be included free. NO ONE LIKES THAT. 

3. I don't need another cloud option. I have so many shared drive locations that we sometimes lose track of where everything is. Adding cloud funcitonality was a feature no one was looking for. I only need to open files, look at them, and maybe highlight something. 

4. McAfee gets tacked on. I already have my antivirus solution worked out, and I don't appreciate additional software being installed on my computer without asking for it. 

Please bring back a standard, non DC (aka no cloud stuff) Adobe Reader. I tried downloading older versions using the procedure listed in the solution, and it was not effective. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All previous Reader installers are available here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/

Or here:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/mac/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines