Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe reader files location

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Reader on Android. When exploring docs from the app, there are a lot of files "On This Device" downloads folder, but I can't find them via android file manager, tried storage/emulated/0/downloads, also storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.adobe.reader/files/Downloads/ still can't find that docs. These docs also include old files I already deleted. That is why I think these are cache files, but still do not want to delete them, just would like to find where they are stored. Can you help me?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Belimbor,

On Android, if the file appears on the list of PDFs under  "On This Device", then the file is saved on a location on the device.

The applicaiton only help you to view the PDFs, it does not save it in the application.

If you cannot find the file on the device, you may use the application in order to save a copy of that file.

Open the PDF in the application and then either use share option or save it to other location.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So basically, when you see the application showing the device logo on the files, they are either pre-saved in some location. If not, you will need to save them locally to locate them in your downloads folder.

Acrobat Reader Mobile does not save any file internally; it just creates an image of the file for you to view correctly.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,

Souvik.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So basically, when you see the application showing the device logo on the files, they are either pre-saved in some location. If not, you will need to save them locally to locate them in your downloads folder.

Acrobat Reader Mobile does not save any file internally; it just creates an image of the file for you to view correctly.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks,

Souvik.

By @S. S

There is nothing "basic" about any of the stated.

"So basically, when you see the application showing the device logo on the files, they are either pre-saved in some location."

Can you offer a visual example of this? Take a screenshot and show it to us. As we all know, apps keep changing their appearance. What you stated here in July might as well have changed already by December. I no longer use Adobe Reader for Android so I cannot check this. But I see that the app has changed its name actually! That speaks in favor of my point about appearance. Not only do they change appearance, they also change their name. It's now called "Adobe Acrobat Reader: Edit PDF". For some reason... it has received the epithet "Edit PDF", but I bet you still can't actually "edit" a PDF file unless you pay a premium for that and get one of those Adobe Acrobat subscriptions!

What do you even mean by "device logo on the files"? What logo? Adobe logo? PDF logo? On what files?

What do you mean by "pre-saved"? Why do you say "in some location"? What location is that? Educate us please. You don't "pre-save" something to "some location" and pretend like you don't know exactly where that is (it's within the app folder!).

"If not, you will need to save them locally to locate them in your downloads folder."

You mean if not "pre-saved"? So if the file is "pre-saved" by the app (!) it will have a "device logo" and it will be saved to "some location" (supposedly unknown location). If the file is "saved locally" by me (!), it will be located in the Downloads folder. Both operations imply saving "locally". Saving locally is just a fancy jargon word for "save here", on the device that's being used to perform the operation, rathar than to some network connected device.

But by the very definition, if it's "pre-saved", then as a user, I don't have a choice! Do I? Because Adobe thinks it knows better.

This "we know better" behavior is not unique for Adobe. Many software companies think they know better than users that use their softare, as if they can read the user's mind or something. It's often portrayed as something beneficial to the user. It "saves you time", it "makes your life easier", it "makes the app x times faster", and whatnot. But what is really at play here is taking away controls from the user and putting it in the hands of the company, and in general, just making people more stupid. Next thing you know, they want to take away our free thinking, have them do all the thinking for us, and we can merely serve to pay the bills.

This makes me wonder what you think saving a file means. What is your idea of saving a file? Have you never saved a file form the web to a computer?

Thankfully I was born before mobile phones existed, and my first mobile phone was a dumbphone, and I know what it means to save a file. This was before this app craze and "smartphones" took over the world. Adobe needs to stop doing me this favor of making my life supposedly easier by "pre-saving" my files. I will save my files wherever I want on my device. I don't need your "pre-saving" to intuitively know what I want and where I want it.

"Acrobat Reader Mobile does not save any file internally; it just creates an image of the file for you to view correctly."

Correctly? Wow! So this is the "it's not me, it's you" routine. As users, we don't know how to save files, we're too dumb to complete the task on our own. This is exactly the point I made above about companies wanting to present themselves as being better suited to do the thinking for us. We, the simple people, the consumers, the users... we don't want to think. We are no leaders. We hate thinking. We are much better off if someone else thinks for us, decides for us, and does just about everything for us. We're not capable of anything, least of all free thinking and having an opinion of our own.

Why do you say it "does not save any file internally"? What do you think "internally" means then? What do you think the app does when it "pre-saves" a file? If a file is saved "internally", it ought to mean that it's saved in such a way that it's easily accessible to the app in question: it becomes part of it's internal data store, a part of app data. This is also where you find these PDF files in Android: data/com.adobe.reader. Take note of "data" in the search path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Root your device and access /data/data/com.adobe.reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Root your device and access /data/data/com.adobe.reader

By @zhangyutong926

I shall call you... my friend! 🤝

I'm with Zhang on this. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This whole situation reminds me of the ancient magic show called cups and balles... or dare I say a shell game?!

Conjurer_Adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dddd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MUSTAFA37757982ws8h,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

From the description, we are not able to understand your question/concern related to Acrobat.

Please reply in brief for a better understanding and assistance.

-Souvik

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i have the same issue. Adobe should have an option to view where the folder when browsing file. This is a BIG MISS for user interface. ugh!!!!!!!! I ended up saving the file again as a copy in a folder i'm familiar with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @David37863133nidu,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in! 

By default, Reader Mobile saves a copy of the file within the same folder where the original file is saved.

If this is not what you want, you can use the option to save a copy-> select the desired location.

Hope this helps.

-Souvik

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines