Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments not saved

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've the problem that when I write or draw something on a PDF file and then close it, the next time I open it, the comments disappear. (Even if I open it immediately after closing it)

I tried to comment on the Welcome Document and it works; the difference is that here Adobe saves the document when I close it. (A small message box appears at the bottom of the screen) how can I save the other documents to? I use the german version on Galaxy Note 3 and open files from the device

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam.

The issue came on with every file that I worked with. When I commented any  file and shared it, at the bottom appeared a box that an error ocurred. But I finally found the solution: You have to save the file on the cloud! After that the document gets saved when you comment it.

Thanks for the help

Dzogbo

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dzogbo,

As per the issue description mentioned above, comments are not being saved on a pdf in the app, is that correct?

After adding comments on the pdf, try tapping the checkmark in the left-hand corner of the screen and check if that helps.

Refer to the following help document for more info: Acrobat Reader Help for Android: Annotating Pages

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I already tried that it closes the comment bar and still when I go back the document doesnt get saved.. Is there any possibility to save it manually? I thought that perhaps the documents are write-protected (read only)?

Greetings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dzogbo,

would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivam.

The issue came on with every file that I worked with. When I commented any  file and shared it, at the bottom appeared a box that an error ocurred. But I finally found the solution: You have to save the file on the cloud! After that the document gets saved when you comment it.

Thanks for the help

Dzogbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem in 2021!

iPad 6th generation.  iOS 14.3, 14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines