• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save Adobe pdf files to iCloud Drive?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read articles that said I can't. Then I found this article that says Adobe added iCloud to iOS. But I still can't figure it out 

when I am at my 'save' option. iCloud is not there and when I want to add a drive only Dropbox, OneDrive, etc, show up. No iCloud 

https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/09/adobes-acrobat-reader-app-finally-lets-you-use-any-cloud-service-y...

TOPICS
iOS , PDF forms , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing well.

Acrobat uses the iOS File Browsing feature to help you find and connect to any of your file storage providers. Please follow the instructions given under custom-cloud-locations:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobat/ios/en/openfiles.html#custom-cloud-locations 

Also, make sure that you have got the most recent update installed for Acrobat Reader mobile app and iOS.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

This tutorial no longer works on ios / ipadOS / mobile

Please see photos - There is no longer an option to add icloud. It simply is not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see last reply with photos. 

Acrobat Locations no longer show iclould as an option on ios, ipadOS, or mac. 

It is simply gone. 

Acrobat software engineers need to fix this please. Otherwise people are going to choose a different PDF program that is compatible with Apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You totally evaded and DID NOT answer the question.  

How do I SAVE from Acrobat to iCloud Storage.

it appears to NOT be possible - as though Adobe is forcing users to their own cloud storage. People want a single "Go To" for their cloud storage - I have OneDrive, DropBox, iCloud, ImageShack, PhotoBucket, GoogleDocs, GooglePhotos, AdobeCloud - hell some of the I may not even know the correct name.  I'm just trying to move to one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tyrone34519706xow9,

Hope you are doing well. Thank you for writing in!

For iOS, you can use the option "Save a Copy" and then select iCloud's location through the folder selector.

This should save a copy of the file there, and you can view and open the file from the location tab on your phone.

Let me know if this is not what you are experiencing, and we can troubleshoot further.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what my complaint is; there is no iCloud option when I choose to”Save a Copy”.

Screenshots below.  On my iPhone I choose “Save a Copy”, and I get all kinds of cloud and storage options, but on the iPhone, and iCloud is not an option - just doesn’t make sense.

Are you actually using an iPhone while you’re giving this advice? 
IMG_7128.png

IMG_7129.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Tyrone34519706xow9 Sorry for the confusion.

What I wanted to suggest was "Send a Copy."

When you use the option "Send a Copy," scroll down on the app picker to choose "Save to Files."

Once there, use the left arrow to go back all the way to the location selector and select "iCloud Drive."

That should help you save to iCloud.

[Adding Screen recording for reference]

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. If Adobe is deliberately doing this then it is very irritating and childish of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @James26328684lpep 

I hope you're doing great, and sorry for the inconvenience.

As checked, we currently don't have an option to save files to iCloud.

However, you can raise a feature request here -  Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

I hope it helps.

Regards, 

Krutikka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. We have moved to another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the workaround to save a file open in Acrobat on your iPad to your iCloud Files app: Save the file to your iPad from within Acrobat.  Then go to the Files app and select Recents.  Then press and hold the name of the file (don't tap or the file will open).  A menu will appear that should include the Files app. Tap that and then select the location where you want to save the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines