Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf form text not visible on iPad!

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP!

I have 300 applications, filled in by applicants in pdf-form created in Adobe Acrobat DC Standard, but when I open them on iPad they come up empty!

When opened on pc/MAC adobe reader there is no problem seeing the filled in text, but nothing on ipad. nothing in goodreader. nothing in ibooks.

TOPICS
iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aneb43496095​,

Not all PDF viewers on iPad/iPhone support PDF forms.

For instance, if you receive an email message with a PDF form as an attachment, the PDF form will be opened in Apple's preview.  But Apple's preview does not display filled data in the PDF form.

You can use the iOS "Copy to"/"Open in" feature to open PDF forms in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad and view filled form data.

Please make sure that Acrobat Reader for iPad and iPhone is installed on your iPad.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: if I export the file to word, then save as pdf from word and open that one on ipad, the text IS visible. don't know if this helps for a solution. angst!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aneb43496095​,

Not all PDF viewers on iPad/iPhone support PDF forms.

For instance, if you receive an email message with a PDF form as an attachment, the PDF form will be opened in Apple's preview.  But Apple's preview does not display filled data in the PDF form.

You can use the iOS "Copy to"/"Open in" feature to open PDF forms in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad and view filled form data.

Please make sure that Acrobat Reader for iPad and iPhone is installed on your iPad.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This does help. I was hoping to find a solution to  see the pdfs incl. filled in data in GoodReader, but I think that was hoping for too much. Your advise does help however. (wish it would have been more clear in Adobe Acbrobat DC, that the form would have this deficiency on the ipad devise). all best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am confused. Up to few months ago, I was able to receive (my iPad Air) as emailed forms (filled in text) and open in Good Notes, iBook or Adobe Fill & Sign. Now as mentioned above all filled in text are missing. So this must be new from Adobe. Now, I have to use Acrobat Reader on my iPad and 'Share It" as flattened and email to my self and open in Good Notes, iBook or Adobe Fill & Sign and have my customer sign digitally. Longer steps for something simple task. Can you advise if there are any quicker ways?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines