• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove AI icon in Acrobat Reader Mobile

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AI assistant is in my way. I am using my mobile app so the icon takes up a significant section of the text. The preferences menu does not offer a way to remove the icon. Is there some way to fix this? I don't want or need AI to help me read my documents.

TOPICS
Android , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

If you don't require Al Assistant, you can turn it off from Preferences.

1. Select the profile icon on your device.
  2. Select Preferences. 
  3. Select the toggle next to Enable generative AI features in Acrobat.

For more information, please check the help page (https://adobe.ly/3zYshSq)

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

~Amal

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I hope you're doing well.

We're pleased to inform you that the latest version of the Acrobat Reader mobile app (v24.09.00) has been released, which resolves the issue you encountered. Please update the app via the Play Store or Samsung Store and restart your device after completing the update for the changes to take effect.

If you have any questions or face any issues, feel free to reach out.

~Amal

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).
Please tell us what Adobe application you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Scroll down here to see a list of the forums:
https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community to Acrobat Reader Mobile.]

See Generative AI Features in Acrobat.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/generative-ai-features-in-acrobat-mobile.html

Turn off AI Assistant

"If you don't require Al Assistant, you can turn it off from your Preferences."

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not help because it does not turn off the floating ai assistant UI element, it just disables the features that it provides, which is really a pretty wild ux decision for a mobile app that is ostensibly intended for viewing pdfs within the constraints of a small screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Laser25224575i4k5 @Amber37396719fnvj,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for writing in!

We are aware of this, and discussions and work are underway.

I will keep you updated once there is progress.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any progress on this? I have the same issue - the dot is large and can't be moved (a stupid UI decision - I don't mind having it, but let me slide it away so I can read the bottom right corner of my document)

As a workaround I am flipping to Liquid Mode (which I also hate) to flow my text elsewhere. 

Did they not do any UI testing before releasing this? Looks like they just rushed out some AI without proper research. 

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve.M. @dcope78,

The discussions and work is still in progress. 

I will update the thread as soon as I have an update.

-Souvik

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many discussions are necessary to just give us the option turn the bubble off? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe support or development staff read this forum - or if they do they won't respond. Development/release cycles mean we'll wait months for this to be changed (but I still ask: how did such a stupid UI change make it through testing? oh, I know, "working as designed" ... don't you hate that response? sack the designer I say)

I have now uninstalled the app  from my phone and posted a negative review in the hope they will get the message that way. Meanwhile I have other PDF readers on my phone, so I'm viewing with OneDrive (no ads  [cursing removed] overlaying my document) so farewell Adobe Reader!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2024 Sep 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my next step as well.  It may take them months of discussions to fix something they broke, but I can fix it in seconds by uninstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Adobe support or development staff read this forum - or if they do they won't respond.

By @Steve.M.

I count six replies from staff (as of now) on this thread.

The Adobe Acrobat team uses a different forum for bug reports and feature requests. You might want to post to UserVoice where the developers will see and track your issue: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it's now late August. How are those 'discussions' coming along? How long does it take to discuss that inserting a large obstruction on what's a reading consumption application was a terrible and misguided idea? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amber37396719fnvj

Our engineering team is currently investigating the issue and is diligently working on a resolution. We understand the impact this may have and are committed to resolving it as quickly as possible. Your patience and understanding during this time are greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again for your continued support and understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  AI features are turned off but the purple button still overlays text while reading docs on my phone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  Really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It's very annoying - please fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is to uininstall Acrobat Reader and open your PDFs in a mobile browser - Firefox seems to display them really nice 😄

Knowing Adobe they're probably gonna read all your PDFs anyway lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If users dont want it, what is there to discuss? Please remove or give us an option to deactivate this ridiculous floating icon. Best of all: I am viewing a non english document, so I get an error message when I click it. Yet it is still in my face and preventing me from reading the bottom of my pages. It seems that corporate business interest are placed over the best interest of clients and users. Continue like this Adobe and you will soon end up like Boeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and thanks for reaching out.

If you don't require Al Assistant, you can turn it off from Preferences.

1. Select the profile icon on your device.
  2. Select Preferences. 
  3. Select the toggle next to Enable generative AI features in Acrobat.

For more information, please check the help page (https://adobe.ly/3zYshSq)

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, the problem is not disabling ai features, it's that disabling ai features does not disable the floating ai assistant ui element that covers up part of the limited viewable space available to read a PDF on a mobile device. This was stated clearly in my previous post, and it doesn't appear that anything has changed since then.

The only viable solution I've found is not to use Adobe acrobat, which has generally been an easy transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Amber37396719fnvj

We sincerely apologize for the confusion. Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we address this.

Thank you for being so understanding.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2024 Aug 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to this request to allow us to remove the AI assistant button overlay in acrobat reader on Android. When trying to read content with a bottom detail, I have to use another application right now because it takes up too much room. Pop it up every time we open the app but let us hide it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is actively working on a solution. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

There seems to be some progress on this - I recently reinstalled (to demo for a talk I was presenting) and found that now if you tap the body of the document, all the on-screen menus including the AI dot disappear and you have a clean display of the document to scroll around.

Definitely an improvement and thanks for listening. I will now be keeping Acrobat Reader on my phone as this behaviour is acceptable.

regards
Steve (original poster)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed it too, but it doesn't remove the purple button. This is typical of Adobe, and they do similar silly things in their photo software. (abuse removed) I suspect they aren't, as others have suggested, they want to knock off your documents. I have had a recommendation for another PDF reader, which I will now try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines