Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading PDF files offline

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Nice to know everyone of you here...Hope you are doing amazing things everyday..:)

I have a Wifi tablet, I have PDF books on adobe document cloud. I have turned on "mobile link" too.

When I am at home and connected to Wifi, I am able to open my books without any problem. It downloads and keep a copy in my tablet.

But when I am outside, I am not able to open the same file for offline reading.

I get error message "Error connecting to document cloud, Please check your internet connection", I understand well that I did not have internet connection.

But I had opened a book when connected to Internet, So it should be available for offline reading as I have turned "mobile link" on, right?

Or is there any settings, do I need to turn on? Please help me to figure out this guys..!

Thanks a lot

Friendly,

Cp

TOPICS
Android , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chan4k,

The PDF you are trying to access is saved on Document Cloud so it will be accessible only when you are connected to the internet, you need to transfer the PDF files to the local disk of your mobile device in order to use it offline. 

Regards,

Aadesh

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chan4k,

The PDF you are trying to access is saved on Document Cloud so it will be accessible only when you are connected to the internet, you need to transfer the PDF files to the local disk of your mobile device in order to use it offline. 

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Really...It sucks...!!! Adobe should do something on this...Then it will be better for me to use google pdf viewer..Coz, drive allows me to keep my files offline viewing.

Thanks Aadesh for your reply though...I will leave adobe DC for sometime until they implement this feature. Thanks

Friendly,

Cp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chan4k,

I can understand that, you can fill a feature request form for that Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

In the mean time if you want you can transfer the PDF files using Bluetooth, Datacable or you can email the PDF & then download it on you mobile device.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly what you want, but here are two ways to save a file locally: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Help for Mobile: Managing files and folders (iOS)

hth,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys for replies....There are lot of ways to save the files locally...and I could do it.

But, local files will not sync with cloud. So when I read a book on mobile during travelling, and open the same book on tablet later at park, both are different. My notes, markings, highlight all are different.

Moreover, If I want to finish the balance pages at computer at home...imagine...three different devices, three different iterations for same book.

Document cloud syncs it well. But the problem is, I have internet on my mobile and computer....Not on tablet.

So saving files locally is not the best solution for me.

I contacted adobe...they confirmed that they do not have this feature. Thanks again.

Friendly

Cp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with Chan4k this is like going back to the stone age. I have a solution with the competition upload your Pdf to Google Play Books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 2024.... I am facing the same issue. Moved to Apple book because of lack of this one feature... Thanks to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Bharat34297173i5vq,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience!

You can "Save a Copy" on the menu when reading a file saved on Acrobat Cloud. This option allows you to save the file on your local storage for seamless viewing the next time you are out of network coverage area.

You can also check for the location logo below the file name to determine which file is saved to the cloud (Adobe Logo) versus the file saved on your local storage (phone logo).

Hope this helps.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines