Highlighted

Acrobat DC User Interface: Way to Change Theme? (Too Bright)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Acrobat Pro DC -- an first thing I notice compared to my typical darker themes (Windows, Office, and even previous Adobe product versions) is that the user interface is extremely bright. It's like surfing bright webpages, and hard on the eyes.

Is there any way to darken the UI (Themes, etc.) ?

Hi Travis,

Acrobat DC update released today (10th May, 2016) introduces a new darker theme. Please open Acrobat DC application and go to Help > Check for updates to apply the latest update (2015.016.20039).

Next, go to View > Display Theme > Dark Gray and restart Acrobat.

dark.png

More details here: What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

Please try this out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

-ashu

Topics

How to, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC User Interface: Way to Change Theme? (Too Bright)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Acrobat Pro DC -- an first thing I notice compared to my typical darker themes (Windows, Office, and even previous Adobe product versions) is that the user interface is extremely bright. It's like surfing bright webpages, and hard on the eyes.

Is there any way to darken the UI (Themes, etc.) ?

Hi Travis,

Acrobat DC update released today (10th May, 2016) introduces a new darker theme. Please open Acrobat DC application and go to Help > Check for updates to apply the latest update (2015.016.20039).

Next, go to View > Display Theme > Dark Gray and restart Acrobat.

dark.png

More details here: What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

Please try this out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

-ashu

Topics

How to, Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey acrobatdcuser,

Acrobat DC has been designed like this with a brighter User Interface.

Please fill the Feature Request Form to wish for a darker UI so that your request could be passed on:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Regards,

Anubha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not bright interface, it is vanished-out interface. Can't believe that beta-testers accept something like this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message pops up when I open a PDF document with the Acrobat DC program. Pick your color theme. Choose your preferred background color for Acrobat. You can change it back any time by selecting Display Theme from the View menu. Light theme or Dark theme. This is the exact message that pops up every time I open a PDF and it is very troublesome and unnecessary. Do you know how to disable this because it is very annoying. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. The UI is way too bright and makes it very difficult to judge colours onscreen. It's almost impossible to read a document as there is little to no differentiation between a white page background and the outside of the page.

In fact, Acrobat DC seems to me to be a completely unnecessary update. It feels like a toy now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of constrast makes dificult to read and work with it. I revert to the previous version until this is fixed. Its like the ugly Windows 8.x and 10 UI design that is flat and ugly with lack of contrast. Same in Office 2013, Visual Studio, etc. This flat and "modern" UI wich is fashionable lately, its not usefull.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cbenci & JaviAlva,

I did not mention that, but I could not agree more. There is NO contrast between my document and the user interface.

This is a case where seamless is a VERY bad thing. I'm a student/trainee. How am I supposed to focus on my study material when Adobe inserts its face onto every document? I'm almost tempted to go back to BlueBeam now...

I will submit a feature request and report it back here. If there's a way we can all second the motion, maybe they'll do it sooner.

Thanks guys,

Travis

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature request has been submitted. No feature request confirmation reference was provided. This thread was linked to in the feature request.

(Again, I encourage others to request similarly, maybe they count requests:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

)

Now, whether or not to buy the pesky overly-bright version... What sucks is that subscribing doesn't make it any better, and Adobe would prefer subscriptions anyway... on with the trial.

Thanks guys!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for a way to "manually force" the background color at least to change over here at StackOverflow... if anyone here knows where it is coded.

Note the old color (Adobe XI) was #565656. The new color is #F0F0F0. Wow -- the new one really is almost paper white!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‌ HATE IT. I'm a long term Adobe user (multiple products) and HATE the new UI. It is f**king (in bold 72 pt font) terrible. It would be understandable if this was done to be consistent with CC but this is a huge step back. Did I mention how much I hate it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this freakn sucks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF