• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I save a digital copy of a signed document?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I used to be able to download a digital version for a document that was signed. I kept it in my client's secure files.

With the new changes it seems that I cannot save a copy of the signed document anymore as it says I can  only save a blank copy of the agreement.

Having a digital copy for my files was one of the benefits of this electronic signature systems as I work paperless.

Anybody has an idea on how to download and save a digital copy of a signed document?

Thank you!

Catherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Hello,

There is a toggle button available on the "For Signature" page now, clicking on which shall help you see the old Manage Page view enabling you do to download any signed documents just the way it was before the change.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, but to re-assure you, every day we are adding more and more features to enhance the new experience.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is a toggle button available on the "For Signature" page now, clicking on which shall help you see the old Manage Page view enabling you do to download any signed documents just the way it was before the change.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, but to re-assure you, every day we are adding more and more features to enhance the new experience.

Thanks

Sameer Puri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much Sameer!

It worked!
Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, Sameer -- I saw this response, and I see it worked for another customer, but I don't understand how to execute the steps you described. All I want to do is save an Adobe Signed document to my hard drive. I use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (not Adobe Acrobat Pro). If I go to Sign/Manage All Agreements then I see the document I want to save listed, and I can open it. But as other commenters have noted, I can't "Save As" except as a blank document. That's . . . silly. Can you please provide step-by-step instructions on the workaround you've described? Specifically: How do I get to the For Signature page as you described? Is that from Reader window or from the window with the open file that I 'm trying to save? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with default...I have Acrobat Pro and there is no "for signature."  I am having the same problem. I am trying to go paperless but am unable to save the signed document into the client's folder or send the signed document to an insurance company to get paid. At this point, I have to print the document and scan it back in, which is just stupid. 

HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to PDF (Adobe PDF for example) is also an option. But the issue is still or again not resolved in 2023...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the below "correct answer" doesn't apply to many situations... first of all there is no "signature page". We simply want to apply our signature and save the PDF. How does one do that without Adobe blocking us? Control issues anyone? Help us do what we need to do please, instead of what you want us to do! give a warning that it's not secure (or whatever) if you must, but let us simply save our documents with our signature! How do we do this simple task?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original post was from 2018. If it no longer works, it may be a change in the version of Adobe. It may be best to look for newer questions/answer rather than claim that an answer from 3-4 years ago was wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the guidance but it doesn't work.  Can't save the signed copy.  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph36394765qkuo,

Thank you for reaching out.

You may download the sgned document from the completed folder. Please refer to the steps suggested in the following help document: https://adobe.ly/4cEC9zj.

If you are using the Acrobat desktop or Acrobat Online account, check the folder under Acrobat Sign on the left hand pane on home page or Document tab respectively.

Let us know if you need any help or experience issues.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also not able to download the signed agreements, and the interface described in these instructions do not match what I am seeing. I am using Adobe Acrobat, with the e-signature feature inside of it. When I view my list of completed agreements, there are no check boxes with which to select my files. I have found no way to download anything, even when I click into individual files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2024 Sep 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Juliet38579785eqrw,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the delay in response.

We are following up to check if the issue is resolved. If you are still experiencing the issue, please try accessing the document via the Acrobat online account and check if you can download the files there. Open the link https://adobe.ly/4geRDMi and sign in using the same Adobe credentials used for desktop applications. Then go to the Documents tab and scroll down to Agreements. 

Please do share the following information:

- Screenshot of the options you get when opening the documents under the completed folder.

- If possible, share the screen recording of the steps you use to try to download the signed files,

- Share the Acrobat and OS version number on the machine.

We will investigate this behavior further. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines