• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Express tool bars are in the way all the time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else get annoyed by the Adobe Express tool bars that are always in the way covering up portions of your project canvas? Is Adobe working on this?  It's especially troublesome and hair pullingly annoying when working zoomed in with the project taking up most of the active workspace. I click on an asset on the project to interact with it and the left or right toolbars pop up and cover up most or all of the asset I'm trying to access.  When you go to close the tool bar the selected asset becomes deselected There's got to be a better way to have the tool bars and project canvas move together so that the program automatically avoids covering up the canvas as much as possible.  I often times have to zoom out and drag the canvas over to the empty space available.  The toolbars should be movable or have a quick minimize feature so that I can maintain my zoom level work on the asset I want and then have the toolbar open when I'm actually ready to use it.

The tool bars also take up so much room in the work space. Why aren't they movable or anchored along the top of the workspace?

Being able to auto-center on the active selected asset or portion of the canvas, when zoomed in a lot, would be very helpful too.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rion22982451h2r6 

Welcome to the Adobe Express Community!!

It seems the issue is with the browser zoom feature rather than the Adobe Express interface. Could you reset your browser setting to default? Also, I'd recommend you use Adobe Express on a different browser or after clearing the cache/cookies or in incognito/private browsing mode to check if that makes any difference.

And if possible, provide us with a screen recording of the issue for better understanding.

Let us know about your observations.

Best,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. When I go to edit/move or pic anything the box covers what I'm doing. I have tried using a different browser and setting zoom to 100% but it still covers. I'm looking for a way to move the project over. No luck. This is very frustrating. I can't believe this has to be like this. Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up.... I've noticed if I zoom out of the project (using the top toolbar) to say 25% then pick the item I want to move.... then the zoom back to 100%, it moves the project over and the box doesn't cover it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @MusicByLoriD for suggestion. I will try.  Because the toolbars/boxes are anchored to their spots it is unavoidable that they will encroach on the workspace and a certain amount of zooming gymnastics is required. Part of the issue, in my experience, is that I often want to move an to a portion of the workspace that is covered by the tool bar and if I close the toolbar it deslects the asset I was wishing to move. Hopefully Adobe can work on a minimize function for toolbars, thus allowing users to keep their selected asset active while removing the toolbar obstruction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too - it seems worse than ever right now - to the point of not being usable. Is it just me? Things are jumping all over the place. Just let me set the zoom level and leave me alone to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines