• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download button in "Remove Background" no longer works.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Adobe Express' online Remove Background feature succesfully but as of today the "Customize" and "Download" button are one in the same. Both takling me to customization instead of just downloading the image when clicking the "Download" button. Is there a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergio, 

Thank you for writing. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the app's window where you see the change in the options? The screenshot will help us to understand the issue better. Also, since when are you having trouble with this issue? Just want to confirm that you are using the web app, is this correct? Kindly get back tp us with all the required information to proceed further. 

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manmeet,

Screenshots attached. Yes, it's with the web app, on Windows 10, while using Firefox or Chrome. The issue, for me, began yesterday. Before then everything was fine. Clicking the download button would indeed download the image with the background removed. Whereas now, clicking the same button redirects me to the image editing section. Frustrating, especially when working with large quantities of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sergio, 

Thank you for the information. Let me assist you with this. When you click on download, it will take you to the editing page, and at the bottom of the browser, the file will also be downloaded. Check out the screenshot below:

Manmeet2016_2-1657731304106.png

I have taken the sample image to clear that doubt to you. You will see your chosen picture on the editing screen with the background removed. 

Manmeet2016_1-1657731176806.png

The image comes on the editing screen, so you can do that if you have to make any changes. This way, you will have the original image downloaded, plus any editing you wish to make to the image after removing the background. Kindly write back if you still have any questions.

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested on my Windows 10 system. Mine also went to the editing section after the download was completed, but if I looked in the Downloads folder, the image had indeed been downloaded. Have you also checked the downloads folder to see if the images were there? You might also want to test in private browsing mode.

You may want to confirm that your browser download settings are set for the downloads folder
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95759?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Private browsing mode
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to reply to both.

Yes, the image is downloaded. However it is downloaded as a "My project" image in smaller size. As opposed to how it worked previously. Clicking the "Download" button, instantly downloaded the image while retaining its size, filename and adding _adobe_express to the end of said filename. There was no need for a redirection to the Editing screen thereby rendering the "Download" button pointless.

Please fix this as it's frustrating when working with multiple files to always have to be redirected. The only current workaround is, instead of clicking Customize or Download, right-clicking the image and Open Image in New Tab. It still adds unneccessary steps as the resulting image is simply named index. I will cancel my Adobe Express monthly subscription and find a similar service elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same problem,, it always create a new project, so it takes longer to load, very frustating, 
it more simple to click download and instantly downloaded png image. without redirection to editing project. no use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been working for a couple days now. I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for writing. Please refer to the above reply. 

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mee too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thank you for writing. Please refer to the above reply. 

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand it correctly that this is in fact how it's intended to work from now on or are there plans to change it back? This feels like a cheap attempt to push us to only use the on-site editor instead of third party software to edit the results, at the cost of usability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this makes working with multiple images difficult because it forces the creation of a new AE project for each photo you use the quick action on. Not very quick after all. And I love Express!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines