• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to revert to older version adobe express?

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really dislike the forced newer version of Adobe Express.  I want my old version back.

TOPICS
Desktop Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Hi @Robin30736220efje,

Thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know. We're sorry you are not satisfied with the new version of Adobe Express.

Can you explain what you don't like about it? We understand your concern, but reverting to the old version cannot be done. We apologise for it. You can convert your files from the previous version here. You can share your suggestions and feedback here. We want to make this a better experience.

Thanks,

Winnie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Robin30736220efje,

Thanks so much for reaching out and letting us know. We're sorry you are not satisfied with the new version of Adobe Express.

Can you explain what you don't like about it? We understand your concern, but reverting to the old version cannot be done. We apologise for it. You can convert your files from the previous version here. You can share your suggestions and feedback here. We want to make this a better experience.

Thanks,

Winnie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This verson is slow and doesn't have the features needed (arching text).  It is frustrating.  Don't put out a forced version of a new product that doesn't provide the features of the previous product.  I guess I will have to go back to Canva so I can do the things I need to get done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow has changed from the right side to the left. It's not easy to access the text and make changes quickly. It's almost like you made it more like Photoshop, which is exactly what an Adobe Express user does not want. 

Very surprised on how clunky and deliberate the changes are without letting the customer decide the flow of the page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate that there's no way to do a grid page layout with multiple backgrounds and borders! It's how I made the content for newsletters and E-Blasts. Now my old projects are messed up and I can't create new material in the same way! Bring back the old version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a custom color, it does not save the color so there's no way for me to use the color on any other texts to change the colors on templates. It is more difficult having everything on the left side when it used to be on the right side. Trying to click into the text box is extremely difficult just to type. Everything in the old version was a million times better. Please give us the option to revert back to the old version 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winnie,

Since you asked, nothing works in this so called "New Express" version. Even the download function doesn't work the same. The layout is awful. You have a added a couple of new items such as AI generated functions. That's great. But in the process you took away all of the usable features and functions that worked well within the previous version and made this version an absolute nightmare to use. Then you say, "we are adding back all those things we took away. Please be patient. But please tell us your suggestions and feedback." Here's my feedback. I truly hate this so called "new Adobe Express". I want the option to go back to the previous version..period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to scroll down on the screen on the new version of Adobe Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winnie, Is there a document (not a video) that summarizes all the features that have been removed from the old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn so I become a paid member to lose features wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to even use the new version due to having an "unsupported system," but i meet all the requirments. I hope you are fixing this issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please elaborate more on this to assist you further? If possible, could you please share the screenshot of the issue you're seeing? 

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you remove variations and the ability to add a border to your design??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version sucks. With the amount of complains and customer dissatisfaccion you should undestand that the new version is not working! instead of appologies we need things to change to what clearly worked for all customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree; Adobe Express is slow, hard to process and glitches constatnly.  I upgraded to premier because of how much i used Adobe Express and now it is like the dreaded Photoshop version- unnecessarily hard.  The previous version was more flexible and faster!  This new "Generative AI" update has completely changed the product and instead of enhancing your product, it has made it significantly worse.  Users should have a choice on which version to use; with AI and without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version is terrible, specifically the webpage builder. Everything looks exactly the same, but nothing works properly; menus don't load, photos won't upload, we can't embed the site, and so much more. We have already wasted countless hours trying to get things to work, to no avail. All of this would be solved if Adobe just reverted to the old system, which worked great...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Winnie,

I want to think that your reply is an automatic reply, otherwise you asking why ALL the people are not happy with this new version, is out of place. Since August (even before) all of us had give countless reasons why we don't like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I used to be able to add multiple photos from my photo on my phone now I cannot. I would layer them to make quick posters. I really do not like your new program. I will be deleting it because I cannot use it anymore. I got Adobe Express because it was easy and very versatile. Now it's like Photoshop where I can't figure it out to save my soul. I shouldn't have to spend so much time just trying to make a freaking poster. Please go back. Go back. Go back to the way. Things were. This is not good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this newer version opened I'd be appreciative but it does not. I have tried any and everything possible including uninstalling and reinstalling it. I am frustrated. attached is what I have been seeing for 7 hours now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Adobe Express on The Web:

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/system-requirements.html#system-requirements-web

• Google Chrome: Version 100 and onwards
  • Microsoft Edge: Version 107 and onwards
  • Safari: Version 16 and onwards
  • Firefox: Version 117 and onwards
  • Note: JavaScript must be enabled

New Adobe Express on Mobile Devices:

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/system-requirements.html#system-requirements-new-mobile

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but I'll have to agree the new version is not great. The one previously was better and worth paying for, what are we paying for on the new version? Just the AI feature? I think you need to bring the previous version back, I love Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Express been these softwares for almost 5 years. However, I don't the relationship will continue any further. You guys are doing too much, and removing the valuable features you guys take lightly. I believe in you Adobe, these unnecessary "upgrades" are pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer adjust the size of my background image.  Also it's very difficult to replace the background.  It's super unintuitive now.  Because it's harder to use and has less features, I also want to revert back to the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Octo29870487wvtb 

You can still resize and move background images. Just need to double click first, which switches to a mode where you can resize with corner handles and move via drag. When you are done making adjustments, you can click away.

Hope this helps

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't help. It was much easier to adjust and replace background photos in the previous version. Now you have to remove or release it from the background, just to adjust or replace it. And then it is difficult to get the photo repostioned the way you want it. It was a snap before. Now, it's difficult. That's not an upgrade. That's a down grade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Candy27836257u4zd 

Now you have to remove or release it from the background

You don't have to do this. Like I said above, you can simply double-click to enter the mode that allows background image adjustments. Here's a screen recording (view on a desktop/laptop): https://new.express.adobe.com/published/urn:aaid:sc:US:141883e9-f8c7-404e-b1ca-11b74850eb78

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines