Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text "Shape" effect not appearing in downloaded file

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When I try to put some text at the bottom margin of my project the "shape" effect disappears in the resulting .png and .jpg download. I really need that back fill for the words to be legible. Is this a bug? Is there a way to prevent this from happening? The effect opacity is definitely set at 100%, and it displays correctly in-app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This definitely seems to be a bug. I was able to get it to download correctly by moving the text up the page until the effect showed up correctly in the downloaded file, which it did at about halfway up the page. When I then put it back at the bottom margin the resulting download was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a screenshot of the layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my layout:

Screenshot 2022-04-04 140226.png

The problem text is selected in the screen shot.

The project was based on this poster-sized template:

Screenshot 2022-04-04 140244.png

Please note that I've now run into a further issue with this project; I've been unable to download poster-sized versions of it or any copies of it at all. The app never moves beyond "preparing" the download. If I resize the project it downloads fine, but the default "poster" size just won't work. As it happens I don't need that size, so I don't require a resolution but I thought someone might want to know about the bug. [The disappearing text effect happens regardless of whether the project is resized]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default43bh8oc4x0jl I found the template you started with. I don't see a “poster” size option for downloading. Where did you find that? I successfully downloaded PNG, JPG, and PDF files. These are large enough to use for print posters (i.e., 300 ppi) up to 11×17 inches. Also, I didn't have any problems adjusting or printing the text in the bottom frame. I'm using Windows 10 with Edge browser. Can you try switching to another browser to see if you still have the same issues?

JainLemos_1-1649112041599.png

JainLemos_0-1649111938336.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The poster size option (11x17) is a size preset located under the resize menu and has nothing to do with selecting the file format for download.

Screenshot 2022-04-04 185958.png

It was the default size of the template I was working with. I was working in Firefox. After testing it in Edge it looks like the download function works fine there. I am unable to replicate the disappearing text effect in either Edge or Firefox.

N.B. This is the limit of troubleshooting I'm willing to do for an issue that is no longer impacting me. Thanks for looking into it. I hope you folks can make Creative Cloud Express is more stable in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines