Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlock the Power of Firefly: Ask the Experts Session! 🔥

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people!

Did you have questions about Firefly or Generative AI for which you needed a trusted expert to weigh in?

Whether you’re a beginner trying to understand the basics or an advanced user looking to delve deeper into the functionality, our Ask the Experts session is the perfect opportunity to get your questions answered! 

Preran_0-1714653567989.png

How to Ask Your Questions 

Participating is easy! Just reply to this post with any questions about Firefly and its use in generative AI. Here are some ideas to get you started: 

• Image Quality: How can I enhance the resolution and overall quality of images created with Firefly? 
  • Bias Mitigation: What are the best practices for preventing racial, gender, or age biases in AI-generated images? 
  • Creative Integration: How do I maintain a balance between the AI's suggestions and my own artistic inputs when designing? 

Session Timeline 

• Ask Your Questions Now: This session is open for seven days. Our experts will be responding to your questions during this time. 
  • Deadline for Questions: Post your questions by June 1, 2024, 12 AM UTC 

Drop your questions below, and let’s get this conversation started!

Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. 

Cheers,

Preran

TOPICS
Communications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 156 Replies 156
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Preran! Thank you so much for the opportunity

My question is about the Image Quality and Resolution enhancement, will there be an improvement on the size limitation of the generated area, or the improvement will be in the enhance feature? Because right now I see a enhance button on the photoshop beta, it helps but creates kind of some artifacts on the image.  Let me know if I was clear. Thanks 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the superzoom filter under neural filters in Photoshop til Firefly comes with some kinda enhance.

Heres just an quick example I did, generating an image directly in PS zooming 5x:

Skjermbilde 2024-05-25 kl. 20.37.05.pngSkjermbilde 2024-05-25 kl. 20.47.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Preran! Thank you so much for the opportunity

My question is about the Image Quality and Resolution enhancement, will there be an improvement on the size limitation of the generated area, or the improvement will be in the enhance feature? Because right now I see a enhance button on the photoshop beta, it helps but creates kind of some artifacts on the image.  Let me know if I was clear. Thanks 🙂 

By @Valdair Leonardo

I am not sure I should be posting this as it involves a non Adobe plugin, but some of us did a session with the Adobe NJ user group recently with Lisa Carney, who uses the Ai tools in her work doing artwork for the movie industry.  Lisa downsizes original image elements so she can work at 1024 x 1024, and upscales the finished project with Topaz Photo Ai.  If it starts with good quality original, it can do 400% upres with amazingly good IQ.  I paid for Photo Ai after seeing what it can do, and it blows me away every time I use it.  It's very good at enhancing faces, and general sharpening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, 

While I'm loving the addition of Structure with Firefly, I'm often looking for a more exact lift but modifed to match the art parameters that I've chosen. For example a (non copyright) local landmark or a portrait that I'd like converted to an art style. Is this possible, or planned for that matter? Thanks. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

I don't currently have this on our roadmap. The best suggestion I can give is to turn the strength up to maximum for structure match.

Thanks!

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran!

Are there any plans to bring the Object Composite feature (currently for Enterprise customers) to the GA release of Firefly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, Object Composite is only planned as a feature for Enterprise users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, the Object Composite feature is currently planned exclusively for Enterprise users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, my question can the images generated with firefly be used for comecial purposes, like for NFTS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the training data for Firefly is owned or licensed by Adobe, or is in the public domain, therefore anything generated by Firefly is legal for commercial purposes. See the FAQ for detailed information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images generated with Firefly model 2 and in the apps like photoshop and illustrator (not marked with beta) can be used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me an example of each so I know what I am loooking for?

Best,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, you cannot use Adobe Firefly for commercial use as it is still in its beta phase. For the goal of gathering user feedback, Adobe Firefly is currently accessible as a beta feature. Photos created using the Firefly website during the beta will have a watermark stating they are not for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GeekyGirlRex There is a difference between Firefly Gen 3 (beta) and Firefly Gen 2. Firefly Gen 3 is beta "preview" but Gen 2 is acceptable for Commercial use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/faq.html#using-firefly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GeekyGirlRex also Gen 3 Preview does not apply watermarks unless you are not a subscriber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for extending this discussion, but I think a lot of confusion has occurred on this issue because there is not clear documentation on which specific versions can and cannot be used commercially based on the released policy, Adobe Generative AI User Guidelines.

Piecing information together from announcements along with help from my colleagues on the Firefly Discord, I believe this is the current state of model use and commercial use acceptability. I welcome any corrections with appropriate citations.

Model

Firefly Text to Image (web)  
X
X
Firefly Generative Fill (web)    
X
Adobe Express    
X
Photoshop General Release
X

Photoshop Beta    
X*
Illustrator General Release
X

Illustrator Beta    
X (*?)
InDesign    
X*
Lightroom
X

API (enterprise only)
X
X

*current beta not for commercial use

[Updated as of 2024-05-22]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this is correct @droopydog500 but I'm thinking the versioning in the apps follows the current public release model - not that a new software version is required. There was a significant change between models 1 and 2 in Photoshop Gen Fill but not a software version aligned with it.

Since the AI is cloud based, it makese sense that when called by an app its using the latest public build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer, I am not completely sure either. I tried to piece this together from published documentation. If anyone from Adobe could clarify, that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the clarification, Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

Images generated using both Firefly Image Models 2 and 3 are available for commercial use. Model 3 is marked as "Preview", not beta, so it is commercially usable.

Thank you,

Tracy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very helpful. Thank you so much for clarifying this @Tracy.H!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I love the addition of structure reference. However, I'd love to make gradual adjustments, yet the slider defaults in the center and only slides all the way left or all the way right. It would be great to have a little more control and options in between. Can that be a future option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'd agree with this and please bring the control to structure reference in Photoshop.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like this to definitely be a future feature in Adobe Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines