• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Media Encoder Won't open

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder won't open, it says "Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue"

Please I need to resolve this issue ASAP! thanks! 

I already uninstalled and re-installed, I am working with a MacPro and Mac OSierra

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 10.57.01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Hi there

I had the EXACT SAME THING but seem to have solved it.  I moved the Presets and Logs folders to a safe place (from Documents > Adobe > AME > 11.0)

I then uninstalled AME, re-installed, then moved the Presets and Logs folders back to the above path.  Simple.

Hope it works for you.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I had the EXACT SAME THING but seem to have solved it.  I moved the Presets and Logs folders to a safe place (from Documents > Adobe > AME > 11.0)

I then uninstalled AME, re-installed, then moved the Presets and Logs folders back to the above path.  Simple.

Hope it works for you.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and followed colint88464326's fix and it corrected the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it figured out. Just as a head's up for anyone else that hits this issue: it sounds like a problem with a bad preference file. Most likely you can move the Presets and Logs folders (if you want to keep them) out of that location and then on your next launch, hold down the Shift key. That will clear the preferences without having to reinstall. Then close AME and replace the Presets and Logs folders. You should be good to go then.

If anyone has this problem and confirms that my assumption is correct and that you can resolve without re-installing please let me know and I will update this as the Correct solution. It would also be helpful if you could message me so we can gather some information that may help us resolve the issue that is preventing the launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both and it still doesn't fix the problem for me. I am having another issue wit PP, can it be related?

CC 2017 Missing Format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearing preferences worked for me. As a side note, I first noticed the issue when creating proxy file jobs from Premiere. The error in AME causes a "Serious Error" in Premiere and it has to create a recovery project. I went through that double error shenanigans twice before I came on here for an answer, so at least for me it was able to be recreated. Recovery projects have a pretty good success rate for me, but that is always a little scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. I had the exact same problem after installing the new version of Adobe Media Encoder. Moving Preset and Log Folder out, then relaunching AME while holding shift key = worked for me. No deinstalling and reinstalling software needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed as well. I had the exact same problem, which had originally started on AME CC 2016 shortly after the release of CC 2017. I ended up installing AME CC 2017 thinking it would help, but then ran into this problem. I uninstalled, and then updated PP to CC 2017, which then installed AME CC 2017. Still no luck. Did exactly as colint88464326 and thnord and it fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did this and still no luck, getting this messageame crash.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up calling Adobe and they took over my computer and fixed the problem.  You may have to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Here's what I did:

1. Delete everything in Preferences that has AME in the title

2. Delete the /Documents/Adobe folder

3. Restart Adobe Media Encoder

4. Open Premiere Pro

I think (guesswork) if you open PP 2017 before AME 2017 there's a conflict somewhere in the /Documents/Adobe folder – anyway, it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get either solution to work.  I've tried dumping the presets and logs folder multiple times.  I've reinstalled twice, and have tried the holding shift button 3 times while opening, I haven't been able to get it to open.  It hangs when loading "AEFilterMask.bundle"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thnord - holding down the shift key worked for me,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the exactly mentioned problem and it solved it for me.

Great!

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me, definitely much better than any other responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is having this issue after doing the other method then go to your program files folder - go to the programme you want - find the icon application - right click - properties - compatibility - make sure run as admin is ticked.

You will need to click yes whenever you open the programmes but I find this very beneficial as you don't have the accidental misclick and then waiting to close it down.

Untitled4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That worked for me too. I could render through the export (was rendering out from Premier) but Media Encoder wouldn't open at all. I didn't think I did anything particularly different from what I always do, but suddenly it didn't work. Thanks for the help! Saved the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Frank said, Throw Preset and Log folders out and Restart AE w/ Shift key.  Now mine is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having the same problem all day today. I just uninstalled and selected to remove app preferences when prompted to. Then I reinstalled it, and now it works. Mattia Bicchi Photography​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am having a slightly different problem ... I've just tried to open up AME for the first time after upgrading to 2017 and I get the error:

Adobe Media Encoder cannot create folder:

/Users/angelafernihough/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/Presets

Please check permissions and restart the application

My folder doesn't contain a presets folder but I've tried the above suggestions with the 'log' folder.

Any ideas?Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 12.23.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problems. I have tried all of the above suggestions, as well as CC cleaner and uninstalling....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11. Re: CC 2017 Media Encoder Won't open

StudioAnjouLevel 1

Hope this will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm getting a very similar message as soon as I click to open AME:

When I go to the AME folder, there is the following subfolders inside:

Makes sense that it can't access "12.0" if it doesn't exist!

I have no clue what to do. I've tried to Add a new folder called 12.0 but it won't let me. So where do I change the settings/permissions to direct AME to a different folder? Obviously AME won't open so I can't change the preferences within the application.

Please help ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016 Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just a follow-up, I called Adobe for help, they accessed to my computer and try to fix it.. after three hours, the only solutions they came up was to buy the complete package.. as I only pay for 4 programs, I pay less than the full suite. So, instead, I format my Mac Pro and now everything works fine. without paying £10 more a month for programs I will never use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I uninstalled AME and tried reinstalling. Adobe cloud says it installed but it it does not show up and when I look at the list it shows it as not installed. I tried installing again and same thing, it says it installed it but nothing. I rebooted and tried again, still the same thing.

Any ideas?

thanks

JMW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines