• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the info, Alain228042626anx.  We would suggest you to please try uninstalling XD and Creative Cloud desktop app from the Cleaner tool and reinstall both CCDA and XD. Once reinstall, please open XD from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

I already tried uninstalling XD and reinstalling with CCDA and it didn't
work, it kept crashing.
Please note that uninstalling Creative cloud desktop app will result in the
uninstallation of all my adobe apps, and downloading and installing again
all the adobe apps is not an option.

Kindly advise,
ALAIN HOBEIKA
<Personal info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , 

Please note that i uninstalled everything and re-installed the needed, and the XD is still crashing while all other apps are working fine. 
Kindly share another approach to fix this issue, maybe a technical approach as the XD is stuck on the white background with the logo. 

Awaiting your prompt response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the issue I am having, as well. I have done the steps already listed and like Alain, removing all my programs and re-downloading and re-installing is not an option. Deadline is pending on this project. 
Lamont

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: 

First downloading the version 4.5xxx and then uninstalling 4.7xxx and then installing 4.5xxx has since corrected the issue. Just ensure NOT to update XD to 4.7xxx until Adobe has a fix in place. (in CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lamont, 

This solution did not work for me, i still face the same issue. I have tried this many times. 
Please adobe issue a fix urgently or provide a proper solution to follow please. 

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain228042626anx,

I am sorry for the delay in response. Could you please share logs and Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message so that I can escalate the issue to the team for further investigation?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have a problem with XD i try to open it but it doesn't, i tried to unistall and install it again but it still not opennig, a few days ago i didn't have this problem.

does anyone know what it might be? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share video of your Issue, so that we can Investigate from our end. 

Also we would request you to please try the below troubleshoot steps and let us know if that works-

1. Try creating a new user account on your machine and then try to launch XD. If it works, go to the previous account-.

2. Signout of Creative Cloud Desktop app

3. End all all Creative Cloud desktop app process from task manager.

4. Uninstall XD, Creative Cloud Desktop app using the Adobe Cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

4. Restart the machine.

5. Install Creative Cloud, XD.

If this doesn't help, once it crashed please collect the system logs so we will make sure to report the issue for investigation. Though, we would need Adobe logs and Crash dumps of your machine for investigation purposes. Please generate the logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with us here or over a PM.  We will make sure to file a feedback ticket of your machine's logs

Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Chethan G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, thank you very much for your help i apprecaite it.

the problem is solved, appraently the problem was beacuse of my computer but it's all good now, thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thank you for confirming and happy to hear your Issue got resolved.

In case If you face the same Issue again, please feel free to update in the same thread for further assistance from us.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Chethan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Chethan Girish, for your contribution to this post.

We appreciate your presence in the community.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If that doesn't work then try this:

In the registry go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

Check if APPDATA and LocalAPPDATA exist. If they don't. They will exist in the key below. Create these two in Shell Folders - pointing to same location as User Shell Folders.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Then - Kill all the Adobe Cloud Desktop processes and Repair or re-install Adobe XD.

Retry launching Adobe XD.

It will say in the Shell Folder key this shell is now depriciated - well - one for Adobe to discuss. Hope it works for you guys..

- Tip - Don't delete Adobe folders in a Users profile, delete the contents only - if you need to do so..!!

End..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for sharing this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/Adobe XD"

2. Open text file - csdkConfiguratorLog.txt

3. Copy the command at the top of the file above - should be like the one below:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/Adobe XD/CSDKConfigurator.exe" "48.0.12.10" "Adobe.CC.XD" "XD.exe" "SPRK"

4. Close the csdkConfiguratorLog.txt file.

5. Run the command in step 3 as Admin.

This replaces the Adobe folder if it doesn't exist and sub-folders including setting the correct folder permissions.

Run Adobe XD it should run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixes the issue when launching Adobe XD - XD opens and spash screen freezes and doesn't go any further.

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/Adobe XD"
  2. Open text file - csdkConfiguratorLog.txt
  3. Copy the command at the top of the file above - should be like the one below:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe/Adobe XD/CSDKConfigurator.exe" "48.0.12.10" "Adobe.CC.XD" "XD.exe" "SPRK"

1. Close the csdkConfiguratorLog.txt file.
  2. Run the command in step 3 as Admin.

This replaces the Adobe folder if it doesn't exist and sub-folders including setting the correct folder permissions in your Roaming folder %APPDATA%\Roaming\Adobe

Note: - Don't delete this folder if you have other Adobe apps on your machine.!!

6. Run Adobe XD it should run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for sharing that solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open XD from Win10, I've done all instructions from the Adobe site but it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CustoM 2.0 ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if you have already tried the suggestions shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.html? If yes, could you confirm if XD is crashing on launch or it's stuck on the logo screen? This issue generally happens when the OS is not up to date, so please ensure you have the latest OS updates. The drivers should be up to date as per the manufacturer's website. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

yes, I confirm I've tried all suggestions about
https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.html
[1] but XD doesn't work.

I also launch it now but there is the same error (I've used LogCollector
and shared just now AdobeLogs_20220801_094952_540-win-GS.zxp).

Where is the problem? I remember that I used it in the preview version
and I set up XD preview but it doesn't 'work...

--

AREA WEB CUSTOM 2.0

<Personal Info Removed By Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD ver. 54.0.12 is still hanging at the start screen on restart of the program. 

Log files are here:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lq3m6BEgm0WpJ6ThnUW8gd1LN32yc9qb/view?usp=sharing

i9-9900K, 128G RAM, 8GB RTX 2080 SUPER, Windows 11 pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines