• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD is crashing while editing text.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am in trouble with the latest version of xd. When I start typing with the text tool, it just crashes the app.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. In addition to what our experts have asked and suggested, I would suggest changing focus like minimizing and maximizing the XD window that helped various customers in past.

I am also checking with the team if there is a bug logged for this issue.

I will update here as soon as I hear back from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Update: I checked with the team, there is already a bug logged for the issue and they identified that it's a Microsoft issue and they are working with the team to identify the root cause of it. 

We will update you as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 231 Replies 231
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually was the release just prior to that one. But with luck it hasn't regressed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, you're referring to the XD version number. I thought there was a Windows 10 update that addressed the issue. I'm currently using XD 54.0.12 and still experiencing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows 11 and xd version 54.0.12 and I experience this issue every like 15 minutes. Nope, Adobe didn't fix this, I've been experiencing this issue since I started using this app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solve the problem by disabling the Microsoft text input application from task manager and no more issues with text in xd finally after 3 years 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Haytham_AbdAllah Just tested this on my end and it looks like this resolved the issue for me as well! I'll keep an eye on it over the next couple days to know for sure. I'm curious if disabling Text Input Application causes problems for other applications? There doesn't appear to be a service tied to the task, so I'll have to disable it every time I reboot my machine. At least for now, I know I can disable it whenever I'm working in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I face same problem from two months ago and some times I must close adobe xd then open it again to fix the issue @HARSHIKA_VERMA 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since upted the XD to version 55.2.12.

Windows 11- 64bit.

The text box is freezing and freezes XD for 5-6 minutes, this is trully a bad expeirience. especially when working with the team and client on the file. 

Please fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The minimize-Maximize XD every time the text box freezes works for me. Though it is not the permanent solution but I am doing it this way for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion, I will try it. I think the move to window 11 created issues with all my Adobe cloud products I will contact the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this saved me hours of trying to figure this out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 AND STILL SAME... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this bug. I know about the alt+tab workaround, but after 4 years enough, this has to be fixed, it's TIME CONSUMING. When working with component states I have this issue about twice a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alyseo BOS,

We understand how frustrating it could be for all of you. I have sent you a private message with some steps that might help you. Please test those and share the results with me over a private message only so we can share your results with our product team, who has been actively working on this issue for a long time.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try this at work tomorrow. Sorry about the salty message, I swear in some situations it happens much more frequently (probably nested components... I'm really testing your software to its limits I know :x). I'll send you a private message once I get to try your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue in 2023? Alt + Tab to switch to another application then back to Xd seems to be a valid workaround (as suggested in the thread).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @monstera.creative,

We are sorry for the frustration. I have sent you a private message. Please check and try the steps shared and let me know over a private message if that helps you.

Note: Please do not share those steps in this public post.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I'm trying to edit a series of 7 components that will drop down from a combo-box. They're almost identical except for things like font color and the string of specific characters varies a little. Not even any crazy ASCII sequences, unless the [ or ] causes problems. They have hover and toggle states. I made them from scratch, not from some crazy library with 12 levels or anything like that. Simple: like 3 pieces each, plus states.

Look at the screen shots please:

• The top 2 elements in the dropdown work fine
  • The bottom 3 work fine
  • the [delete] and 001 components just don't work - Nothing happens when I click on them, or on their entries in the layers list at left. Been like this for hours, I'm guessing permanent.

This is just one example of a bunch of problems. I do the alt-tab trick, the min-max window trick, the save locally trick, all kinds of time-wasting to extend the time before XD becomes literally impossible to use. Ususally if I come back the next day I can get a couple few hours in before it starts again.

Is adobe throttling creative cloud bandwidth? Maybe the problem isn't (just?) in the code; maybe it has to do with adobe sync inrastructure for the cloud where everything pretty much has to live. If it were possible to turn it off and just work locally, I would.

Please find the problem and fix it so I can work. I think adobe probably has the resources and know-how to do this within a couple days, plus regression testing and QA.. Would you please do that?

No, it's not my version, my OS, my internet, my hardware, what else I have running.

My setup:

• XD 57.0.12.14 creative cloud sync 6.5.3.1; updated withing the past few weeks
  • i7, 32GB RAM, no UEFI funny business
  • Win10 pro 22H2 19045.3031
  • current generation RAID card (not OS RAID)
  • SATA3 WD gold spinning drives, min 60% free space, less than a year old
  • NVidia GeForce GT710 video card
  • new QHD monitors
  • No more audio streaming
  • 1G symmetrical fiber internet line
  • 1G LAN throughput, sonicwall gen7 firewall/router; no crappy switches; 1 1G switch between the machine and the firewall, no goofy network gymnastics
  • fast ping times
  • Performance monitor shows no problem with drives, RAM, NIC performance/capacity
  • CPU use goes up to 40%+ sometimes
  • xd.exe given high OS priority
  • Nothing is maxing out here, or even close
  • No bottlenecks here, I keep digging and can't find any

Just sitting there with a 12MB file open, XD processes churn 6-8 GB RAM constantly before I start actually working on it.

Yeah, I have components nested 3 - 4 deep, some with 4 states. Yeah, I'm working with half a dozen artboards. I've been through this file several times rebuilding it from scratch to make sure the structure is as clean as I can make it. I've offloaded most core components to a separate library which I created from scratch and continually streamline, going through deleting copies of objects inside components and each of their states, in each state of parent components. Hasn't made any difference. My 2 files should be clean enough.

Seems to me like the experience hange up waiting for adobe infrastructure to process changes (just a hunch).

Please fix your software and/or infrastructure. Seriously.

25%+ of my time on XD is wasted. I don't want to hear about workarounds; I would like adobe to fix the adobe  problems please. Now would be good, especially consideing this adobe problem has been on the books, public knowledge, for like 3 YEARS by now. Would a billboard on 101 about it be motivation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't super helpful, but it's likely time to switch to Figma. I had to. Adobe's clearly stopped any real work on XD with Adobe's Scott Belsky quoted as "The company has been slowly winding it down over the past few years"

It sucks because I love repeat grid, and speech synthesis in prototypes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and this is still happening... Great job Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i think i have found a workaround in this long unresolved issue.
The current workaround is to Alt+TAB to another application/window and then back to XD, or minimize Adobe XD.
This is a pain in productivity and only resolves the issue temporarly.

My workaround that seems that resolved the issue so far:
1) Open Task Manager
2) Go to the "Details" tab
3) Find XD.exe and right click
4) Go to "Set Priority" and select "High"

I've been working on a file for 2-3 hours now, and didn't have any issues so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not help here. After about an hour doing OK, Xd starts with the freezing up when truing to edit any text, including component names. Also, trying to make a rectangle with individual corner radii, and each of the 4 fields behaves a little differently - one sticks and won't change the highlighted number; when I try to change another one it looks like it works, but then when I go back and change the first one, it adds the the number I typed...to the one I'm not even on that looked like it worked. Somebody is stoned, and it's not me.

I live near HQ, maybe if I go in person someone will tell me why this seriously annoying bug hasn't been fixed in over 3 years. And why this thread says this is solved. IT'S NOT SOLVED. IT'S NOT WINDOWS. FIX IT.

Yes I'm running the latest version 57.0.12.14; i7, 32GB, tons of disk space, Win10 22H2 18045.3031, NVidia GeForce GT710, 1G symmetrical fiber internet bandwith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur! Adobe XD is the most flaky, unreliable piece of software I have ever used! Constant freezing, constant restarts, it's a F king joke, although the jokes on us as we're actually paying to use it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I upgraded to an i9/11th gen workstation with 64GB RAM and all-top-speed SSD storage (plus other optimizations), to go with my 1G symmetrical low-latency internet line, Xd performance crossed into being usable to do actual work on.

Don’t get me wrong, actual problems were not fixed; throwing money at it to achieve tolerable is not a “solution”.

I think Adobe’s technical problem is not so much the software per se, except that code itself probably requires more CPU on their side than they’re prepared to provide, as well as the user side. That’s what happens when you optimize for release date not performance. Their own cloud infrastructure can’t seem to handle the number of users, or Xd files beyond the simplest demo clips their marketing people work up (and test/QA on their own internal LAN).

In addition to excessive bandwidth required to use their cloud-based files and libraries, my guess is they’re using a ton of additional bandwidth for their own big data ai training marketing operation too. That’s what happens when you optimize for profit not users.

Yeah, the joke is on people who want to use software. Pay them now, pay them later, just keep paying. Fancy new-fangled software and the new cloud-everything paradigm has associated costs, I get it. But the one thing Adobe clearly does optimize is the amount of money they can collect, and if poor stupid users have to pay exorbitant amounts for hardware and internet bandwidth to even use the product, then so what. Make us watch some ads and marketing videos, that’ll tranquilize us. Our money is the fuel that powers their economic engine, nothing else matters. We are just consumers, an amorphous resource to be sucked dry as hard and fast as possible before someone else does. If any of us can figure out how to do better than to stay afloat, then I guess we become new blips on the competitive landscape, which exposes us to a whole new level of offers we can’t refuse, to pay even more.

It's too bad, because it’s not a zero sum game. Message to (fellow) executives and management: there’s plenty to go around and life would be so much better for everyone if people would just slightly relax their death grip on dollar profit to the exclusion of all else. That’s pro-capitalist; just slightly anti-selfish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines