• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error -"Sorry we can't open this document in Adobe XD" or Error 47 while opening the cloud document.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

If i will open a document from the cloud in XD i get this message:

Sorry we can't open this document.

Its a very important document for school. Who can help me?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you're unable to open the file and get an error "Sorry that you are unable to open this document." or  Error 47, unable to open the document." We'll try our best to help you with this. 

First, there are two quick solutions which you may try. 

1. Open the same file on a different machine or user account( Windows 10/ Mac). 
  2. Download a previous version of the file from version history from assets.adobe.com using these steps (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-collaboration/m-p/10703548?page=1#M18044

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Hi there! This error message generally means that you don't have permissions to view the document, or that the document doesn't exist. Since you're obviously sharing between team members, is it possible that you have more than one Adobe IDs and are logged into one of them?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Same error just now  

Got round it by logging in to different Mac user account, then CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

In case anybody needs a real fix, instead of the Adobe responses that don't work:

If you get error 47 after your computer has crashed, there most likely is a corrupt version of your file stored locally. I tried clearing temp files and all other suggestions, but couldn't get it fixed.

What did fix it in the end, was going to the CC Desktop app, and into your files. Locate the file that won't open, right click on it and select "make available online only". Now when you open the file it is pulled fro

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 362 Replies 362
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A very big thank you to Corey for repairing and further assistance to this issue!

I would like to add that working on a XD-file within a connected data server surrounding could cause/exhume this error again. I opened Coreys repaired XD-file on our Mac mini server and it still denied access under error code 47 again. But opening it on my local workstation I hadn´t that problem so far and the XD-file works good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction Corey; I was able to get my old iMac back to try to solve this issue. Now, the error message shows up also on the old iMac as well. Can you share how to fix corrupted Adobe XD files? Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the versions:

My colleague shared the file which is on cloud with me. But I can not open that, getting the error.

Can someone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file for one of us to try to open it? Have you asked your colleague to save it again with a different name to see if that one will open? Are you able to open other Xd documents shared from the same source? Is there a reason why you are running High Sierra and not the current version Mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My files seem to go corrupt one by one... panic.

I work with a file for a while, some basic function suddenly stops working (like copy/paste), and when I close and try to open it I get Error code: 47.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. We would request you to please try the solution mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. That doesn't help at all.

This is a problem I have with my local files (on my computer), not Cloud saved ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information. We would request you to please try to open the file on other machine. Could you please check the file in the temp folder & see if the files are there?

We will try our best to help. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MAC and don't really know how to find these files in the Temp-folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information. In order to check the temp-folder, please Click on Go> Go to folder>/temp and hit enter.

Let us know if you are able to see the files.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Can't see the files in the /tmp (temp folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything at this point, and nothing works. I heavily rely on XD working and now I'm affraid to even use it. Please, for the love of god, can someone tell me what Error code: 47 is anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. I suggest getting in touch with us using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m for further investigation. 

If it is a cloud document, can you try going to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and try downloading the file to your computer. You could also open the file in a browser and try to download a previous version.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If it is a cloud document, can you try going to https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents and try downloading the file to your computer. You could also open the file in a browser and try to download a previous version."

I've tried this (both current- and older versions), and it doesn't work either.

At first this just happened with local files, now it happens to Cloud files as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that my suggestions did not help. I suggest getting in touch with us directly using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button to get started. Let the person that assists you know of the troubleshooting steps you have carried out so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when I want to open any file with a message of error 47. Same problem after saving my file and I want to open it .... I looked in the solutions with the old posts ( about error 48) 

but I do not have the details of the procedure and I do not understand ... can you help me please it is very urgent

thanks a lot 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milimilirikiki,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD and getting error 47 while opening the file. We would request you to please try the solution mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html and let us know if that helps.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum,

I have a file that I haven't edited since 2017, but now I need it to make a few changes for a project that is due soon.

I can't open this file on the newest XD (version 13.1.32). I have searched through the forum and found similar issues but on Windows. Does anybody know what I can do to recover this on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting on the forum. Would it be possible to zip your files, upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL either here, or with me over a private message? To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran, thanks for looking into this. I have sent you a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have received the file and shared it with the team for investigation. Will get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are investigating this issue for you, we need some additional info.

• Other than picking up a file created in an older version and opening it in Adobe XD 13, is there anything else that you did that you want to let us know about?
  • Does this happen with all XD files, or just this one?
  • What's the version of Mac OS that you are running XD on?
  • Generate the log.txt file
    • Open Terminal on your Mac OS
    • Enter cd desktop
    • Enter command log show --predicate 'processImagePath CONTAINS "Adobe XD"' --last 3h >xd-log.txt
    • Copy the xd-log.txt file from your desktop to a shared location such as Creative Cloud and share the URL with me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I moved the file from my own Google Drive to my team's Google Drive before attempting to open it. Perhaps it has something to do with Created Date being later than Modified Date...? Just an idea.
  • It only happens to this file so far. The other XD files are opening fine.
  • My mac is running on Mojave 10.14.2
  • There is nothing showing in the file (xd-log.txt) generated. Just the headers are present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. Can you try changing the value from 3h to 1d in the code and regenerate the txt file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing but headers:

Timestamp                       Thread     Type        Activity             PID    TTL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines