• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i stop automatically save documents as cloud documents ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I stop Adobe XD to saves documents as cloud documents automatically?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.ug.html

"By default, new documents are created as cloud documents. Upon save, choose between keeping it as a cloud document or as a local document on your computer."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/manage-work-cloud-documents.ug.html

"By default, new documents are created as cloud documents. Upon save, choose between keeping it as a cloud document or as a local document on your computer."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this link is just 404 error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble. For information on cloud documents, please check this article. For information on saving the file as a local document, please check this similar discussion

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved to Adobe XD forum.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to convert personal old AI files to XD using my working account. The result is that my private data is being uploaded to the wrong place and there is no option to disable this. It's obvious an evil design from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jazzybeat28@gmail.com,

Bring assets from other apps into XD.

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/working-with-external-assets.html

There's no problem saving cloud documents to your computer.  See screenshot.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud documents have more features (such as realtime collaboration with others, changes are synced across computer, etc), which is why Adobe has chosen to make them the default. But you can still work locally and most things will work the same.

• To save files locally choose File > Save As Local Document.
  • To open local files choose File > Open from Your Computer.

This is not Adobe being evil, it's just a sign of the times. Some apps like Figma are 100% online and have no option for local files. Adobe offers both options.

At some point it could be nice for Adobe to add a preference for the default behavior, but there are still many features that need to be added to XD that I'd rather see them do first.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Dan Rodney Dan, I understand that you want to keep this possitive, but I'm talking about my privacy.

Why my converted AI file is being sent automaticly without my consent to Adobe Cloud?  

Why Adobe is assuming that everyone wants to keep the files in Adobe Cloud by Default?

Why Adobe for multiple years refusing to provide a simple Save option to a local computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're worried about privacy, disconnect your device from the Internet. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly I didn't think about the process of converting files, only creating new files where you have a choice. I agree in that case XD should default to local until you choose to save it to the cloud.

As Nancy said you could disconnect from the internet, but that's annoying and I think XD should either provide an option or default to local for the sake of privacy. This is legitimate problem for some companies (such as legal and pharma).

On a somewhat related yet unrelated note, I'd also add that it's annoying to me when I create a new file and close it (without saving), but there it is as a cloud file that I have to delete. I wish XD would ask me if I wanted to save so I didn't have to go and delete those files.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Dan Rodney and jazzybeat28@gmail.com,

As you know this is NOT a direct pipeline to Adobe's product team.  They don't lurk in these user-to-user forums.

Feel free to leave feedback & feature requests where the product developers will actually see them, on UserVoice.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a simple user, trying to understand how Adobe Cloud Service works, having never heard of it until today when I started getting messages saying a document couldn't be closed because it was still saving to Adobe Document Cloud.

I run our business on a local in-office server and use a cloud backup . I very specifically do not want any of our files going anywhere on the cloud other than to our backup.

Do I understand correctly that every time we make a PDF it's going to the Cloud as well as our local server? That's what it looks like from what I've just read, but I could have misunderstood.

I feel like I must have misunderstood, because I can't see how users' data could be backed up on the cloud without every user being aware of it.

If that is what's happening, how do I make it unhappen? In simple terms please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. While working in XD we have both the option, to save a file to Adobe Cloud or to a location location. For more information on save options, please refer to this discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/adobe-xd-saving-options-are-changed-after-xd-29/... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Sending me a link to a 2020 discussion didn't answer my question, which was:

When I create a PDF, is a copy of that PDF automatically going to the cloud?

If not, why am I getting lag when I try to save and close a PDF, and
occasionally getting the message 'unable to close, saving to Adobe Document
Cloud'?

So, a simple answer please: are our files being saved to the cloud by Adobe
Document Cloud, or is it making a local copy?

And if it's not doing either of those things, why is it operating at all,
and slowing down my working day?

Thanks.

Doug Hendry
[Email signature removed by moderator as per forum guidelines.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dougpuzzco,

What does Acrobat / PDF have to do with Adobe XD?

If you have questions about Acrobat, please post them in the appropriate user-to-user community below.

Acrobat

Acrobat Reader

Acrobat Reader Mobile

Adobe Acrobat Online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have only 1 simple asking of tye program, $14.32 monthly ,  but you charged me $33.08 of 10 items covered .

there was no any other items added in my will but why you chage those automatically to my accpunt?.

it must been error or the fitfall designing from you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @haojen ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please contact us directly using this link. We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines