• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ceciliab,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for sharing the information asked by Elaine. We would request you to please update XD to the latest version (24.4.22.1) and let us know if you're still facing the issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a file in Adobe D, it gives an error (Error code: 86) How to deal with this and what is the reason?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. In order to help you, you need to provide us with some useful information, such as:

• Adobe XD version in use;
  • Specifications of your computer;
  • Check if the Creative CLoud app is up to date.

Also, try installing Adobe XD again. I recommend you use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall Adobe XD and delete any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issue. pls, help me I've a deadline of tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not work for Adobe but I figured out 2 temporary solutions.

I keep my files saved to Dropbox's cloud with Seletive Sync. When I tried to directly open the file, it wouldn't work.

- The first thing I tried was having the other designer at my company open the file and resave it for me. That worked, but was tedious.

- The second thing I did which also worked was download the file to my computer. I could open it from my Downloads folder. 

I don't know if either if this will help if your files are saved directly to your computer.

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologies that you are facing trouble opening the file in XD and getting error 86. In addition to the information asked by Italo, we would also like to know if it's happening with all the files or with a specific file.

We would also request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Learn how to create a new local user account in Windows 10. For other helpful videos go to https://youtube.com/hpsupport. More support options for your HP device are available at https://hp.com/support. For step-by-step guidance, connect with our Virtual Agent: ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. how can i fix error 86 in adobe xd?

i have worked on it for long time and i can not imagine to loos it!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neda,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using Adobe XD and getting error 86. We will try our best to help you with this error.

To proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files of your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to down load a program from creative cloud and I keep getting an error: # 86. It says that it believes my computer is running another instance of creative cloud or something.

It says specifically:

Another version of Creative Cloud desktop is currently running. (error code: 86)

Please help

thank you

a

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber which operating system are you using?  Have you tried rebooting your computer?  Please see Install and update apps - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html for information on how to install the Adobe Creative applications included with your membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe amhdestiny and i are having the same problem. i'm trying to install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, not an individual program apps. i get exactly the same error message amhdestiny describes above. i installed all CC apps 2 months ago and they all work well, except for the Desktop App. i want now to install TypeKit, but i can't because the Adobe CC installer says the error above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-way have you rebooted your computer and then tried to update?  If so then please try the steps listed in Error downloading Creative Cloud applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-downloading-cc-apps.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014 Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget all about updating an anything! Just press (cmd-space) and then source fore Activitties monitor, and then close all adobe things, after that start again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is source on the mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind! Got it! u type it in to the spotlight bar! You're awesome!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked! Christian123456 YOU ROCK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have created a document to address this issue https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error86-creativecloud.html

Let us know your feedback on the document.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do it in the window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shipra,

Thanks for reaching out. If you're looking for the steps to troubleshoot on windows under this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error86-creativecloud.html then please check Solution-1 Close conflicting instance of the application or process where it shows up for both Windows and Mac OS.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikas,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestions shared on this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same problem, the file I was working with is not working anymore and the error 86 is written, I tried to open it on the other device and error 47 was displayed. My file is on the local device, not on the cloud. Could you please help me too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lance, 

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind confirming if you've tried all the steps suggested in this correct answer of this post? If yes, and none of the solution worked then please share the asked information as mentioned in the correct answer of this post.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd文件正常保存后关闭,第二天打开显示错误代码86.

怎么解决?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines