• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, does this problem also occur with other files or only with a specific file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the SAME problem as his. I've tried different versions, no luck. Tried creating new win 10 account, still no luck.

Mine only happened to one file. I still can open other .xd files just file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem..in spacifc file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you manage to solve the problem with error 86?
I got the same error, I can't open the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,
I was working on a local file on Monday(07/09/2020). During work, I suddenly got a pop message which I have attached in the screenshot. I'm not able to open the file in my local machine. Even I tried to open in Mac as well as Windows. I have tried more than 4 Pc and Laptop to open this file. but I'm getting the same error while opening it.
I reinstall the Creative Cloud, and xd but getting the same error.
Please help me.

Thanks,
Rinkal
image_2020_09_07T07_54_01_834Z.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recommend you check out this thread: Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support sir.
But, I tried this already but not possible to open a file in another user (in my system).
Same issue I have faced in internal users of system as well as other devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC crash due to voltage issues. Now when i opening the XD file it is giving the error code:86
Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Habib,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please ensure that you are on the latest version of XD which is 33.1.12.4 and try opening the file after rebooting the system. If you are already on the latest version, please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and please send the file through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,
I can't upload the ZXP file in DM. Because there's no option to add files in DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. In order to share the file, you need to upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, Dropbox and share the URL with any of us over a PM.

We will try our best to help.

I am also merging this post with the curated Error: 86 post.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Detailed case:

It is a local machine only file not kept inside creative cloud documents. I worked on it over a month or so and it has the latest designs for a quite a few important application modules.

While I was working on it there was a power issue occured and my win-10 (build 1909) got restarted. Didn't got a scope to manually save the document. When the pc restarted and tried opening the document it started showing "Error code: 86" this is not a valid xd document.

What I've tried so far:

1. Created a new windows user account:

Tried creating a new windows user account. Installed the xd on the new user account. Tried opening the document but same error occured.

Questions

Q1. Is there anyway I can open this corrupted xd document? I haven't ever stored this document on creative cloud.

Q2. Does xd keeps any temp copy somewhere in "AppData\Local" under windows environment?

Q3. What caused this issue to occure?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that you've had to deal with Error 86 after power shutdown in XD file and thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps. I would like to confirm if you've tried restarting the machine, I know it's a basic step but we have seen cases where after restarting the machine file gets open up fine. 

If that doesn't help, please try checking the file under temp folder and see if the file exists. If you didn't find the file there I would need a few more details like-

• Which version of XD was used to create the affected file?
  • What is the current version of XD installed in the machine?
  • What is the OS version?
  • Is there any antivirus activated on the machine? If yes, what is the name of antivirus?
  • Was the file edited by more than one designer?
  • What were the last steps performed by you since the error?
  • Name of the Artboard you worked on?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Which version of XD was used to create the affected file?

-Adobe XD (27.1.12)

What is the current version of XD installed in the machine?

-Adobe XD (27.1.12)

What is the OS version?

-Microsoft Windows 10, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.657)

Is there any antivirus activated on the machine? If yes, what is the name of antivirus?

-Yes ,McAfee Antivirus

Was the file edited by more than one designer?

-No

What were the last steps performed by you since the error?

-What I've tried so far:

1. Created a new windows user account:

Tried creating a new windows user account. Installed the xd on the new user account. Tried opening the document but same error occured.

The AdobeLogs file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal

Name of the Artboard you worked on?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Were you able to resolve this? I am having the exact same issue. Wondering if a fix was found of if Adobe support were able to correct the file so it is readable once again?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same error. I have tried everything above but the issue is still going on. I am not able to open that file. 

Microsoft Windows 10, Version 1903 (OS Build 18363.836)

Adobe XD 29.2.32.3

I have above version in my PC and I have created in the same version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the solution for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same problem as above:

Which version of XD was used to create the affected file?

-Adobe XD (35.1.12)

What is the current version of XD installed in the machine?

-Adobe XD (35.1.12)

What is the OS version?

-macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1

Is there any antivirus activated on the machine? If yes, what is the name of antivirus?

-Yes, MacKeeper, tried disabling

Was the file edited by more than one designer?

-No

What were the last steps performed by you since the error?

Uninstalled XD

Copied file to different location off of server (AWS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i still have the same problems. try to open my old project from local. and it says Error Code: 86.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem is similar as the other users, I have Windows 10, last version of Adobe XD, and just happen with one file. please advice. I tried Everything, maybe I can share with you the file. I apreciate any help. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've the same problem of all of theses users and no response to solve the problem !!!!

I don't get to open xd file because it's the same error.

WHat's the problem?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have seen the previous posts based around the issue I have. I have tried everything, but nothing works.

I have multiple XD files hosted locally which I last edited in August 2020. I have now updated XD to version 33.1.12.

All of these files fail to load when I try and open them. The loader bar gets to about 75% of the way through before a pop-up window shows me an Error 86  - This is not a valid XD document.

Is there please anything you can do as it is stopping me doing some important work and I spent hours on the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, forgot to say that I have also tried installing older versions of XD, but got the same problem. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd-error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines