• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this product be out of its alpha testing? My users are always having issues. Uninstall and reinstall is a monthly routine. 

TFNu5xfX6F.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a XD file that is saved in my laptop and the designs in that file are copied from another cloud file that is shared with me. I updated my windows and now when I'm opening my file it's showing Error:86, how could I resolve this issue, I literally had a lot of completed designs in it, how I supposed to open it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem

Error 86 when opening file

Windows 10 version1909

Adobe XD 35.3.12.2.

File is localised on harddisk C:\

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Natacha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a work around!

My Adobe XD files are saved directly to Dropbox. When I try opening XD files from the cloud, it fails and gives me the error code. I figured out that if I download the file to my computer, I can open it. 

My work process:

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.27.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.27.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, 

I'm facing a problem opening an xd file (saved locally in my hard drive, not a cloud document) 

I get this error Capture.PNG

if it helps I  already published a link for review 

https://xd.adobe.com/view/93277b44-202a-4e7a-af7e-289995e87ed3-c674/?fullscreen

is there any way to retrieve the file, it's for a client and I don't want to waste a week of work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble while opening XD. Would you mind checking if you're able to see the file here: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState? 

We will take it from there.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, the folders have weird names but I was able to find them based on the date modified, and the file is named copy but thank you very much I retrieved the file 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of the 22nd February 2021 there is no solution to this issue.

I've tried all the suggestions on this forum and others, and Adobe XD still crashes and does not work.

Adobe XD error.png

There was a new update to Adobe XD Version 37.1.32 today, and it still does not work.

This is a serious bug that Adobe simply does not seem to care to resolve at all.

Sadly, I am now using other manufacturer software to Wireframe my websites.

It is simply incredible that Adobe is leaving such an important element of the Adobe Suite totally unattended, unresolved, for so long!

Please do something about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I had the same problem, but I resolved this issue using the following method:
The file that I was attempting to open was at Dropbox.

When I was trying to download directly from the folders that appear in Dropbox using in this case the free download manager, always give me that error.
But when in Dropbox I click the file, another window opens, and then there is a download button.

Using that button the file has arrived with no corruption.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I stored my data in an external drive and yesterday i was trying to open those old files as i required for my another designing project but its showing me an error 86 while i am opening the files. It's happened with all of my old files which i stored in my external hard drive. can you please help me out ? 

you can download one of the files from this link : https://bit.ly/2Per81r

i hope you will solve my problem as soon as possible, as it's quite urgent for me

Thanks in Advance

Aamir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I've recently updated my Adobe XD to V37.1.32.2 and after opening a file I'm getting:

Error code: 86 This is not a valid XD document.

Then the application crashes.

Any way around this?

I've tried rolling back the Version and opening the file but the same thing happens.

Otherwise I will have to Timemachine my Mac to recover the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's for a work deadline.

Regards, O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 38.0.12 and check if you are able to open the file or not. If it doesn't work, please check if you are able to find a copy of the file at these locations:

Win\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Mac ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

Please check if you are able to open a copy of the file. If that doesn't work either, will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to a shared location, like Google Drive or DropBox, and share the link with us through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion to the link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm getting an error-message 86 when opening a local XD file. The file was working fine, I made two little minor changes, exported JPGs, saved and closed the file. Next time I tried to open I had the error 86 message. All my other XD files open with no issues.

I've tried:

- rename the file

- restart Creative Cloud / machine / etc 

- open the broken file on two other machines (with different accounts)
- deinstall / reinstall XD
but nothing helps.

Im running:

- MacBook Pro 2020,  2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
- Adobe Creative Cloud Version 5.4.1.534

- macOS Big Sur 11.1
- XD Version 38.0.12.13

Is there any chance the support can check and restore my file? 😞

Thanks and regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if you are able to find a copy of the file at the below-mentioned location:

Win: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

These are the team location for Autosave so a copy of the file gets generated here. In case if you are unable to find the file, please share the XD file and system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) through DM by adding them to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and sharing the link with me.

Note: To send the DM, please click on my name, and in the subject please add this discussion link.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and I tried opening the file in another laptop but it does not open there as well. Please guide on what can I do to recover my file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this. I solved my error via this article. https://lsbdata.com/blog/oh-my!-how-to-repair-damaged-adobe-xd-file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very useful article. I solved my issue by this article. https://lsbdata.com/blog/oh-my!-how-to-repair-damaged-adobe-xd-file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have the same problem (Code 86) but I can't get fixed it with the instructions on lsbdata.com

I need an assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Futuricon, I am getting the Error 86 message by opening my local xd file. I've been trying the solutions of the lsbdata but there is no damaged file in my xd file. Any other ideas how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Adobe says that the issue has been solved. However, I have been experiencing it since yesterday and I need support to fix it. Please help or guide on what to do! All the solutions that had been posted in the previous articles haven't worked. So what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? What OS are you running the software on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Windows 10.

For version of the Adobe XD, see the screenshot below:

UX_Joan_0-1621853522611.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, but It's not working. I have tried everything you had posted in the previous articles. Still, the file can't be opened.

Best,

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines