Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019
Hi there, Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine. Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk Let us know if that helps. Thanks, Harshika

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020
Hi All, We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below: Try to open the file on other machine. If the file opened up, rename the file and then try to open the file again on the first machine. Please create a new user account of your machine and then try to open the file.  Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM  Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020
Hi All, Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue. Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message. What wa...

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 38.0.12 and check if you are able to open the file or not. If it doesn't work, please check if you are able to find a copy of the file at these locations:

Win\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Mac ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

Please check if you are able to open a copy of the file. If that doesn't work either, will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, please add the file to a shared location, like Google Drive or DropBox, and share the link with us through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending DM, please add this discussion to the link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm getting an error-message 86 when opening a local XD file. The file was working fine, I made two little minor changes, exported JPGs, saved and closed the file. Next time I tried to open I had the error 86 message. All my other XD files open with no issues.

I've tried:

- rename the file

- restart Creative Cloud / machine / etc 

- open the broken file on two other machines (with different accounts)
- deinstall / reinstall XD
but nothing helps.

Im running:

- MacBook Pro 2020,  2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
- Adobe Creative Cloud Version 5.4.1.534

- macOS Big Sur 11.1
- XD Version 38.0.12.13

Is there any chance the support can check and restore my file? 😞

Thanks and regards

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if you are able to find a copy of the file at the below-mentioned location:

Win: \Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\LocalState

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe XD CC

These are the team location for Autosave so a copy of the file gets generated here. In case if you are unable to find the file, please share the XD file and system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) through DM by adding them to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and sharing the link with me.

Note: To send the DM, please click on my name, and in the subject please add this discussion link.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and I tried opening the file in another laptop but it does not open there as well. Please guide on what can I do to recover my file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this. I solved my error via this article. https://lsbdata.com/blog/oh-my!-how-to-repair-damaged-adobe-xd-file

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is very useful article. I solved my issue by this article. https://lsbdata.com/blog/oh-my!-how-to-repair-damaged-adobe-xd-file

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have the same problem (Code 86) but I can't get fixed it with the instructions on lsbdata.com

I need an assistance. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Futuricon, I am getting the Error 86 message by opening my local xd file. I've been trying the solutions of the lsbdata but there is no damaged file in my xd file. Any other ideas how to fix it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Adobe says that the issue has been solved. However, I have been experiencing it since yesterday and I need support to fix it. Please help or guide on what to do! All the solutions that had been posted in the previous articles haven't worked. So what to do?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what version of Adobe XD are you using? What OS are you running the software on?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Windows 10.

For version of the Adobe XD, see the screenshot below:

UX_Joan_0-1621853522611.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, but It's not working. I have tried everything you had posted in the previous articles. Still, the file can't be opened.

Best,

Joanna

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them with me through DM by adding the log file and the actual XD file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox. Once the file has been added, please share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending the DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent everything you have requested.

Best,

Joanna

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

Is there any update on this?

Best,

Joanna

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response. I tried accessing the files however I was not able to access that so could you please share a public link in the DM so that we can access the file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiancing the same issue. I tried everything suggested and no luck. i tried on both mac and pc someone please help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sir,

I'm having an issue 86 in Adobe XD, as I have multiple files in XD but only in one file I'm getting this issue, I can't access my file from both xd and local desktop, please give me a relevant solution for this, as I have the updated version of the software and having window 10 . Can I get my data back.

Please let me know, my mail id - muskan@anoroctechnologies.com

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please try the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/td-p/10... and let us know if that helps.

If it doesn't, please share the details asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/114... along with the XD file so that I can escalate your issue for further investigation.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank-you-xd.jpg

I will never use this sh___ software again – thank you XD for your clear message.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines