Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects Beta won't load any jsxbin from Aescripts

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm having this weird issue on my Macbook pro M1 Max, since this week my after effects is not loading any script from aescript. It worked perfectly a week ago, but now everytime I tried to load one AE keeps thinking forever. 

I tried to solve, removing preferences, reinstalling after effects, the scripts, but without no luck

any idea how to solve this issue?

thanks in advance,

TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue! It hangs and has to be Force quit. Older AE installs don't work either. Something Adobe didn't test, apparently. It's a huge issue. Odd it worked before, I wonder what changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear that is a common issue. It happens since last update. Hope we can get a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alant64956177 and @jk13980418,

Thank you both for reporting this issue. We had a similar report a few weeks ago and have been attempting to reproduce it since then without success. Does what you are seeing sound similar to report linked below?

It appears that OS security and/or application permissions might be related to the hang when scripts attempt to access the network for licensing. Please post the version of macOS you are running, as that may help us to reproduce and isolate this problem.

Thanks again for any further information,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply!

I'm running MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 on a Macbookpro M1 MAX. The version of After Effects Beta is Version 22.2.0 (Build 25). AE is running on Apple Silicon Mode.

Here's a video that shows what it happens when I try to load a script (that as you said needed access to network, that why I desactived in the video, to check that needed the access)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have to say that was working  normally a few weeks ago.

thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI this work around works https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/scripts-crashing-in-macos-monterey/ 

so it defintiely seems to be related to accessing the network/permissions.

I'm on MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 M1 Max 32 RAM, Both the latest Beta in M1 or Rosetta 2, and the latest AE 2022 Build in Rosetta 2 exhibit this issue. (As does last year's AE as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!

that's seems to work! thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I have to say that the solution, that seems to work at first, It doesn't at the end. 

While I can load the scripts using shift + option, once I close AE and reopen it, it hangs.

this issue seems to be present in the latest version of AE (non beta) too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you have to hold down SHIFT+OPTION EVERY time you click to open/run a script. It's not a permanent fix. It will work every time if you do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I realize that, the problem is that as I have a few of them stacked into my UI layout, it hangs when it starts.

Hope adobe can fix this soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, you think Adobe will mange to fix this issue soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the similar issue. Scripts worked fine before Monterey 12.1 but since my machine was updated to 12.1, AE cannot open several (most) scripts. I have tried to use the option+shift trick and it doesn't work.

When I open KBar2 - I get the attached error.

When I open Explode Shape Layers, Ray Dynamic Color, Ease Copy, Flex + others, I get "Unable to execute script at line 1. null is not an object"

My Specs:
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
M1 Max
After effects 22.1.1 (also tried older versions)
Monterey 12.1 (wiped my machine and reinstalled OS to try to roll back to previous version, but am not able to go back to earlier version of Monterey)

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources