• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 24.5 is now available for download!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 24.5 is now live

Great news! After Effects 24.5 is here, packed with exciting new features to bring your scenes to life. With Shadow Catcher and Animated Models support, creating more realistic and dynamic scenes has never been easier and the new presets are just amazing.

Dive in and let your creativity soar!

Here's what's New

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.02.58 PM.png

Shadow Catcher

Create realistic composites using a 3D shadow catcher layer to capture shadows cast by overlying 3D models.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.02.42 PM.png

Embedded 3D Model Animations Support

Access embedded animations in the imported GLB or GLTF models and select one of them to play back in your composition.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.03.05 PM.png

Get depth data from an Advanced 3D Scene

Extract depth data and use the map to create more realistic composites by simulating real-world camera settings for 3D renders.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 8.36.16 PM.png

OBJ Import from Libraries

Drag and drop 3D models directly from Creative Cloud Libraries into your project to enhance workflow, collaboration, and efficiency.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 8.36.48 PM.png

Use new animation presets that cover infographics, numbers, transitions, textures, and more to streamline your creative projects.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 8.36.51 PM.png

Camera and Light properties in the Properties panel

Use the Properties panel to quickly access and edit Camera and Light properties and work with layer transforms.

Features in Beta

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 8.02.50 PM.png

New After Effects Spectrum User Interface

Experience the new modern look across the entire app, themed and styled using Adobe Spectrum design.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 6.03.55 PM.png

Per-character text and Paragraph styling in Expressions

Use extended text and paragraph styling capabilities in Expressions, including per-character control for efficient text-based animations.

What's Fixed

• Improved UI interaction performance in the composition panel with Faux Bold enabled.
  • After Effects no longer crashes when adding an asset from the library to a folder in the Project panel.
  • Animation presets are now applied correctly when Advanced 3D render is enabled.
  • Fixed memory leaks that caused users to run into application memory exhausted error where the mask path was keyframed.
  • Pasting a keyframe from a scale property no longer gives an error.
  • The 3D model layer keyboard shortcut to toggle shadows now works correctly.
  • Purging ALL_CACHES no longer shows a confirmation dialog when scripts are run from ScriptUI palette, ScriptUI window, or VSCode Extendscript debugger.
  • Purging ALL_CACHES now purges cache successfully if app.purge() is called from a ScriptUI dialog.

How to update After Effects to 24.5

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE UPDATE.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever is in charge of deciding what new features to implement needs to be replaced. This is garbage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2024 Aug 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful, a few accounts and comments on this thread have already disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's as nefarious as it might seem. I know that certain messages have been moved to other parts of the forum (such as my own).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(I actually cannot sign in. Any device I try to sign in on gets a 503 error from then on. Thankfully, i have access to many, many computers. It seems they are IP banning any device my account is on)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, the performance is apalling. Another release that slows everything down. 

What do we have to do, what combination of words/actions will get Adobe to just release a stable version of AE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

careful what you say. https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-community-guidelines/td-p/47881...
Many people experimenting with "combinations of words" have caught the ire of moderators,
These are guidelines and guidelines are just that, and therefore not exhaustive.  I've seen bans, sometimes even with important safety suggestions like "don't give even slightly suspicious persons control over your PC" and "if you connect to someone you think is a support pro, but see unusual programs with kernel access like antiviruses or secondary network stuff start installing on their own, pull the plug immediately", which in my opinion, is a helpful reminder, as those are very exploitable attack vectors.
I've seen someone get the plug pulled for referencing deleted posts too. Be safe! you don't want your primary adobe account to  lose access to adobe community. I find support community more helpful than adobe support, generally. Support usually runs you through a laundry list of common issues and fixes, while here it's filled with people who actually use it like you do. It's quite important if you use adobe services. (on second thought, I won't call them products any more, as you can't own them. I got used to that pre-2012. time to break the habit!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seeem to be able to open ANY project now, even the simplest ones! Everything just freezes! 😭😭😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But hey, you can upload a 20k poly .obj, and then add a light to it! Ain't that just neat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to restore the default preference settings
https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

performance is getting worse from version to version, the 2014 version runs a thousand times better than the 2024 version, it's been 10 years and we've gone backward rather than forward.

Av1 support still isn't there... plugins as well as after effects still don't use gpu.
The interface is a mess update after update for this ''3D stuff''.
to see a preview of everything you cant even open any browser or he going to mad with you to lower your setting or upgrade your ram...i think is a joke at this point.
Just opening the program eat like 20Gb of RAM and i can go so on with the negative aspect of this software...
Adobe plis fix the stability of this sfotware and dont add more stuff who no one ask for, witch make after effects like a garbage dump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! i am workin on Win10, AMD TR, 256GB, RTX3090. i can't preview a 1080/25p comp in realtime. only around 23.xx fps. Project is color managed, 32bit linear, color management enabled. That is a professonal compositing setup ... how is it possible AE, can't playback cached comps???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you select Cache Before Playback? also if caching play?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure. I never reach 25fps. main problem is the VIEWPORT PERFORMANCE. as soon as I disable Display CM, everything works smoothly, but looks .. well. display CM runs in 25fps in 16bit & 8 bit Projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just have to downdgrade to V 23 because is impossible to work. Every 10 minutes, crash because the fuc....ng "RAM memory issue. I got AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor 3.69 GHz
256 GB RAM Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000. Please, people avoid to answer this with the usual " how many ram did you assign..." becasue this is no t the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is recommended to reach out to Adobe support directly to seek assistance in resolving this issue. The RAM issue may not be critical, especially if you have a device with 64 GB or more. Contacting Adobe support can help in fixing the problem effectively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, by the way: Why the hell do we want to import OBJ objects and have shadows, etc., if with a simple project with two 2D layers the software crash because it says it doesn't have enough memory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This right here. They barely get 2D shape layers to function and we're supposed to be thrilled that they threw one more monkey wrench into the already gummed works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is just marketing, they dont care at all at this point.Im sureee about it ! just watch how this software is going....adding 3d stuff lights,shadows to 3d odj xoxoxox then crash even with a 2d video or and shape layer! okey adobe if you say so, just roll back to a version where acually you can do something and forget about this new version XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't introduce any of the features people have requested, or fix persistent bugs, but you waste time and effort making it so we can have gradients on the UI... 

Are you trolling?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Yes, they are)

rest of comment cleaned by adobe staff, user banned. You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines